Ford Focus RS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I have sold my RS but before I did, I set up some Track wheels and tyres which unfortunately never saw a day on the track. So I had Avant Garde 19 * 8.5's drilled out to the RS stud pattern and then they were fitted with Michelin Sports Cup 2 tyres. The tyres only ran around the streets for about 500 clicks and never ever got their day out on the track. The wheels ended up looking very close to the RS Sports package wheels that I ordered with the car. Here are pictures of the car with original wheels (top) and also the Avant Gardes and Cup 2's fitted (below).

So Wheels cost me $1550 and the tyres are about $450 each. So all up cost was about $3350 They have about 90% wear on them. Happy to let the whole lot go for half price: $1675. In Clovelly Sydney. You have to pick them up if you want them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I would drop a post mentioning I am after some 19" wheels / tyres for my RS.

Would love something with a bit of concave (19x9.5 +42 or similar) and running 255/35 tyres.

Have been looking at black Koya SF04's... something like that.

So if anyone is selling new or used I would be interested.

I am located in Hobart, Tasmania so I am guessing my options are limited :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sometimes, things just go around in circles....having sold my 2016 in 2017, and left the fold for two years....I've just put my name down on another RS. I've NEVER missed a car as much as this one. I just spent two things in something I'd describe as a brute force ride, grunt with some finesse and a whole bunch of cylinders. But coming back...i'm itching to re-do some old mods. Hence my post in here....I know quite a few have moved their RS on...so sniffing about to make myself feel better about buying stuff even before getting it delivered..
Mountune or Tune+ bits and AP/tune. Remember selling my unused Tune+ bits to someone on here 2 years ago....how that comes back to bite me :) Like the the Mountune stuff though and it's conservative nature
Lowering springs....want flat. I have the Pumaspeed Special Ed's (by Eibach) hey sat beautifully, but felt a bit compliant, who'd have thought that would annoy but it took that razor sharp feel of the car away. Whiteline maybe? Or the same Pumas if anyone had a set
Short shift arm....I had the breedt arm, and loved it and the 40% reduction was remarkably liveable.
I also had a beautiful Elite VP Sphere custom shift knob from Lathewerks...but wouldn't at least mind something similar, the stocker is underwhelming

Saw my old MG 2016 RS sell recently in WA...odd for having a sunroof as i installed that new (taller drivers couldn't apply), had a Borla, Dreamscience tune and splitters on it...nice work hope went to someone will look after her. I was too late to grab it back.

Anyway, thats my q's if anyone has anything i can save something on to feel less guilty ;) But it'll be nice to be back in another RS.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sometimes, things just go around in circles....having sold my 2016 in 2017, and left the fold for two years....I've just put my name down on another RS. I've NEVER missed a car as much as this one. I just spent two things in something I'd describe as a brute force ride, grunt with some finesse and a whole bunch of cylinders. But coming back...i'm itching to re-do some old mods. Hence my post in here....I know quite a few have moved their RS on...so sniffing about to make myself feel better about buying stuff even before getting it delivered..
Mountune or Tune+ bits and AP/tune. Remember selling my unused Tune+ bits to someone on here 2 years ago....how that comes back to bite me :) Like the the Mountune stuff though and it's conservative nature
Lowering springs....want flat. I have the Pumaspeed Special Ed's (by Eibach) hey sat beautifully, but felt a bit compliant, who'd have thought that would annoy but it took that razor sharp feel of the car away. Whiteline maybe? Or the same Pumas if anyone had a set
Short shift arm....I had the breedt arm, and loved it and the 40% reduction was remarkably liveable.
I also had a beautiful Elite VP Sphere custom shift knob from Lathewerks...but wouldn't at least mind something similar, the stocker is underwhelming

Saw my old MG 2016 RS sell recently in WA...odd for having a sunroof as i installed that new (taller drivers couldn't apply), had a Borla, Dreamscience tune and splitters on it...nice work hope went to someone will look after her. I was too late to grab it back.

Anyway, thats my q's if anyone has anything i can save something on to feel less guilty ;) But it'll be nice to be back in another RS.
Welcome back! I have a Cobb short shift that I used on the ST if that interests you. Has a 30% or 40% reduction option.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Welcome back to the fold mate.

My 2 cents, I'm running:

Cobb catback - quiet in normal mode, like dead quiet. But throw it in sports and you get beautiful deep throaty tones and nice pops and bangs
Cobb AP - only running stage Cobb OTS tune but the difference between stock tune and this is night and day. Normal tune isnt very boosty, the stage tune 1 throws you back in the seat and wakens up the Cobb catback even more
Cobb CAI - its beautiful and the noises you get with the hood liner removed are so addictive

These mods alone make the car so much more enjoyable to drive.

I'm about to order the Cobb IC, RMM, WG and resirc valve and get a custom tune.

In regards to springs, Whiteline is popular. I dont have any but if I did I'd be going Whiteline.

·
Registered
90 Posts
WTB: Car cover - Any recommendations? Can be internal or external use.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
WTB: Car cover - Any recommendations? Can be internal or external use.

I've had two Covercraft weathershield HP covers in a row (two diff cars) and i use the hell out of them outdoors and in the carport. My RS i had one with a Ford Performance logo on the front, looked sweet. Hurts the pocket initially, but if you use a lot well worth it not too heavy, excellent fit, and easy to put on and remove and store. Inside use i'd go cheaper, but outside a godsend.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had two Covercraft weathershield HP covers in a row (two diff cars) and i use the hell out of them outdoors and in the carport. My RS i had one with a Ford Performance logo on the front, looked sweet. Hurts the pocket initially, but if you use a lot well worth it not too heavy, excellent fit, and easy to put on and remove and store. Inside use i'd go cheaper, but outside a godsend.
Thanks for this, where did you get the Ford Performance cover from?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for this, where did you get the Ford Performance cover from?

It's not FP specific, Covercraft will add most logos to the front, when you order you specify what you want and FP was a option on the RS one. There are other options too someone else may chime in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's not FP specific, Covercraft will add most logos to the front, when you order you specify what you want and FP was a option on the RS one. There are other options too someone else may chime in.
I've had my covercraft car cover (weathershield HP) for almost 3 years - overall I think they're pretty good. Fit is good and I just chuck the cover in the washing machine when it needs a clean. They don't completely cover the wheels/tyres like some other covers so that is something to be aware of. If I was going to buy another car cover for a different car I would also look at companies like classic additions or california car cover company. I think Paolo (the moderator) had a pretty fancy one made up - you might want his opinion.

301 - 320 of 360 Posts