Ford Focus RS Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
So far so good, the tech allowed me to come in, chat, and take a few pictures with everything all apart this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep us updated please, I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts after they're done. I had my mind made up on driving to San Marcos for the recall but if you like Coverts work they're much closer, and where I bought the car. I got the car new off the lot scratched up, prep was crap, they'd curbed the inside of a wheel, filled it with 87, acid etched a bunch of crooked numbers on every glass panel etc... so I'm a little hesitant to use them for the service.

·
Registered
259 Posts
So far so good, the tech allowed me to come in, chat, and take a few pictures with everything all apart this afternoon.

Keep us updated please, I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts after they're done. I had my mind made up on driving to San Marcos for the recall but if you like Coverts work they're much closer, and where I bought the car. I got the car new off the lot scratched up, prep was crap, they'd curbed the inside of a wheel, filled it with 87, acid etched a bunch of crooked numbers on every glass panel etc... so I'm a little hesitant to use them for the service.
I drove to Northside Ford in San Antonio and am glad I did. Service manager was very knowledgeable and they took good care of me. They kept my car in the garage during the entire service, let me meet the tech doing the work, and sent me updates regularly including pictures. Stephanie Rocha was my service manager and she was great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine was done on Mon-Tues this week at Covert Ford in North Austin

Service advisor: Zack Tomlinson
Tech: Brandon K.

2017 with ~11.5k miles (purchased in late Apr 2017)

In Monday morning, out Tuesday afternoon. Head gasket and head replacement. Very fast turn around

No issues to report so far.

A few notes:

Before scheduling the service they were very accommodating in allowing me to Q&A with their master tech so that I could understand their process and hear about some of the other RS’s they have done

The car originally went in Monday 4/30 for the leak down test. Per the tech, it was right on the borderline of the threshold for gasket only vs gasket and head. He went ahead and did both.

They allowed me to take the car home to keep in the garage until the parts arrived. This was my choice since their service bay doesn’t have any inside storage. The parts were in before the end of the week and the replacement work started on Mon 5/7.

They accommodated my request to use ARP head-studs (that I purchased elsewhere) and even knew that there was a slight length difference between the Mazda and Ford versions but that they could both be used.

They allowed me to come down and see everything while it was apart, take pictures and talk about any concerns I had directly with the Tech.

All expected work was done, including an oil change.

The overall it was a very good experience.

I will be monitoring things over the next several weeks, but so far not a single issue to report.

·
Registered
148 Posts
anyone going to COTA on 5/20 for either the Spokes SCCA event or Cars and Coffee? Sounds like it's going to PACKED with those two events happening at the same time.

I'll be there for the Spokes event, will try to check out C&C too during downtime.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think I will sign up for the Spokes event on the 20th. Ive been meaning to get back into Autocross, but I haven’t been to an event since moving to Austin a few years back.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think I will sign up for the Spokes event on the 20th. Ive been meaning to get back into Autocross, but I haven’t been to an event since moving to Austin a few years back.

this will be my second autoX with the RS. dabbled in it a decade ago, but after attending the RSAA in march - it resparked my interest.

there were 5 RS' at the autoX last month!

hope to see yall there

·
Registered
41 Posts
It looks like it should be fun. I did a bit of Solo2 out at Firebird raceway in Phoenix when I lived there 10 years back... I meant to get back into it years ago, but life got in the way. I have a helmet even, but I think it’s out of date as of 2015.

·
Registered
148 Posts
101 - 109 of 109 Posts