Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depends on if I can find a dealer who doesn't store his head in his rectum. If so then I will.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello hello!

I just submitted my purchase through Mac Haik. From what I've heard Austin is getting 12 RSs: 5 at Leif Johnson and 7 at Mac Haik.

There are currently three RSs available at Mac Haik (I ordered their 4th), no clue on Leif Johnson but I would avoid going through them. The sales manager, Gordon, called me after I joined the waitlist to let me know that their ADM is $10k and that it was "standard". Despite posts from others that they're able to reserve the RS at MSRP, I don't know in Austin if we'll be so lucky. Mac's ADM is $2.5k, but with some soft negotiation ("I can fly to a different state and pick up the RS at MSRP, add $1k of my own money to turn it into a mini-vacation, and it'll still be cheaper than your ADM.") I was able to get it down to a little over $1k.

What are y'all driving in the meantime while you wait for the RS to arrive? My DD is a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT wagon, she's the reason why I'm in love with hatchbacks <3

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch, $10k over is just ridiculous. That's the same reason I drove to Dallas when the ST first came out. The guys here all wanted over MRSP and Five Star in Dallas gave me $500 off to make the drive.

I still have a hard time paying over MRSP and not sure I could do it. It's just the principle :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in the midst of finding a dealership that'll settle on MSRP with no ADM. The lowest I've found is at Mak Haik for $1500 over.... Riata, Maxwell, Griffith (in San Marcos), Covert and Leif all have allocations. All of them range from $1500-$6000 ADM

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey RS ATX,

At this point I don't know how likely it is that you'll find an RS with at MSRP in the Austin area (believe me, I've tried). As the US press are gaining access to ride alongs and start posting write ups, desire for the car is only going to increase. My recommendation is to bite the bullet and accept a slightly higher than 1k ADM, or take that a fraction of that money to purchase a one way ticket to a dealership in another state to find one at MSRP (I nearly chose this route). You might not feel comfortable paying ADM, but California Real Estate Developer Chad Chaddington will have no problem snatching up those allotments.

Best of luck to you!

·
Super Moderator
15,377 Posts
What many have seen is a dealer agree to MSRP over the phone and once you're in the door spring the ADM sales trap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll let you know how the venture goes. I don't have a lot of patience left. I'll pull the trigger soon regardless....

Side note, Cobb Tuning is in Austin, am i right? I'm re-entering this market and have never had any Cobb parts on my previous cars so I'm not completely sure. if so, could be fun to volunteer our RSs to be additional guinea pigs for their shop

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey RS ATX,

At this point I don't know how likely it is that you'll find an RS with at MSRP in the Austin area (believe me, I've tried). As the US press are gaining access to ride alongs and start posting write ups, desire for the car is only going to increase. My recommendation is to bite the bullet and accept a slightly higher than 1k ADM, or take that a fraction of that money to purchase a one way ticket to a dealership in another state to find one at MSRP (I nearly chose this route). You might not feel comfortable paying ADM, but California Real Estate Developer Chad Chaddington will have no problem snatching up those allotments.

Best of luck to you!
Hey all, quick update. I called around and found an RS at MSRP. I placed my deposit and will be driving to said dealership to sign my order(don't want to tell y'all where yet until the ink is dry). I also told a few other dealers that I refused to pay any sort of ADM and even the ones that started at $5000 ADM came down to $1250..... long story short, be persistent, stand your ground and get a good deal.

Cheers

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats!! Glad to hear I was wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mac Haik in Georgetown wound up with 8 allocations. I got the last one just before Thanksgiving. There was no mention of an ADM, and paid $1000 deposit for the order. One annoying part was that I had called back in September and was suppose to be #6 on the waiting list. When mid November rolled around and I hadn't heard anything, I called and found out there was one allocation left. But, it worked out so I can't be too upset. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mac Haik in Georgetown wound up with 8 allocations. I got the last one just before Thanksgiving. There was no mention of an ADM, and paid $1000 deposit for the order. One annoying part was that I had called back in September and was suppose to be #6 on the waiting list. When mid November rolled around and I hadn't heard anything, I called and found out there was one allocation left. But, it worked out so I can't be too upset. :)
Congrats! ONE OF US

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello all,

I placed my order, reserved for 1K at Leif Johnson on the 8th of January. i am constantly bugging them (i warned them ahead of time that i would be like this till i had the car keys in my hands), i did agree to the 5K markup. i'm alot older now than when the MK1 RS came out and willing to compromise to get the car i wanted, that and they agreed to by my current Focus and a really good market value, considering i commute daily from killeen to austin with it.

R,

J Lomeli

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys!

Went to Riata Ford and placed my deposit on the 6th of February. Trying to get some information on whether the order has been placed yet, but it seems legit. They should still have 2-3 allocations left, but they are applying a 5k markup. I wasn't able to find a dealer that wasn't applying markup in both Austin and San Antonio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
I got an RS at Leif with a "4K" ADM.
Principle aside. It's worth it in my opinion.
Put the deposit down and said we'll talk about this ADM when the car is here.

Last I head, as of today, They only have four. It was three in January. But all are claimed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got the last one at Leif Johnson today and put by $1K deposit down on it.

I'll come back at them for the ADM in October when the car is here, but I'm not especially hopeful since I was quoted the same thing from Mac Haik who didn't even have any allotments left.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just found this regional thread and glad to see there is an Austin crew. I've got #5 from Mack Haik but so far no info on when I might get it. Has anyone in Austin had any luck getting a delivery estimate for their RS? I traded in my C63 AMG for a new car for my wife in anticipation of a spring delivery and now I'm stuck driving her old Subaru Outback till my RS shows up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got #1 from Jordan Ford in San Antonio before I moved to Austin. Built last week and status is shipped. The anticipation is killing me.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
About this Discussion
108 Replies
41 Participants
meelaud
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing