Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever swap the controls on the left to the right and vice versa? In the US, the radio controls are on the right, and the speedo-menu buttons are on the left. I'm annoyed having to use my right hand to control the music/volume/etc while my left hand is always on the steering wheel. Looks like the UK Spec RS's have it correct with the radio controls on the door side, and Ford just used the exact same setup for the US steering-wheels (without mirroring the controls) #FirstWorldProblems

It looks like the buttons are identical sizes, so I'm curious if anyone has done that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone ever swap the controls on the left to the right and vice versa? In the US, the radio controls are on the right, and the speedo-menu buttons are on the left. I'm annoyed having to use my right hand to control the music/volume/etc while my left hand is always on the steering wheel. Looks like the UK Spec RS's have it correct with the radio controls on the door side, and Ford just used the exact same setup for the US steering-wheels (without mirroring the controls) #FirstWorldProblems

It looks like the buttons are identical sizes, so I'm curious if anyone has done that?
It's actually not a bad idea. But, in the end, it'd probably be easier to just swap in a whole new steering wheel

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You could put in an ST wheel.
63813d1409012607-2015-focus-st-steering-wheel-onto-2014-st-ford-focus-st-2015-inside.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the ST wheel is the same as the RS wheel (audio controls on the right). I think I'll stop by an audio shop and see what they think since they are probably better at this kind of thing instead of me opening it up and going from there... with a possible air bag to the face for hitting the wrong wire! Haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts