Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
That's probably about where our RS would have been if it had a DSG, coilover suspension, and tune out of the box. But then it would have had an MSRP of $60k instead of around $40k, and it would have been nearly impossible for Ford to sell as many as they did.
True, but with some owners spend on their RS on after markets parts close to get the RS3 MSRP.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
True, but with some owners spend on their RS on after markets parts close to get the RS3 MSRP.
Tell me about it. I just picked up the Mountune radiator and other assorted bits. The EU folding mirrors are probably going to be a Christmas present, but the dollar being kind of weak is holding me back.

I thought that I was done modding this car...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Those same owners who mod their RS, would also mod their RS3. No performance minded enthusiast is going to leave their RS3 completely stock. I know I wouldn't!

Reactions: spoon and morbid

·
Registered
126 Posts
Blistering, and I do get the need for safety, but I'm sick of automakers stiffening the car with a roll cage, adding lightweight seats, putting the car on slicks and possibly other things and acting like it's stock.
It was on available stock tires.

Are you going to volunteer to lap the Ring at the fastest ever without some safety gear?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Those drivers pushing the cars to the limits need the safety gear. I have no issues with them installing a cage and related equipment.

I do have issues with them putting them on special tires, or not running a stock alignment..etc.

For the safety thing, look to the Jim Mero the Hero videos where he flogs the Vettes at the Ring. He is MOVING in those videos and using every inch of available track.

I mean, Christ, every wheel on the ground here. I bet he had all 4 inches off the ground earlier.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
You don’t like them aligning the cars? I think that is fair.
By not using a stock alignment, I mean them running parts that allow them significantly more aggressive alignments than capable of stock.

An alignment without changing a single part from a factory built part is fine, because that means if you want to run that alignment, you can.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wouldn't that really be the RS3? In Europe you can even get that puppy in the hatch variety, which we stupidly do not get. It also has a DCT vs the S4's auto, which might be more fun as an alternative to rowing your own.

As an aside, I also wonder if the RS3 won't get the new Golf R drivetrain, which uses an essentially identical setup to our RS, complete with overdriving rear tires.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Reactions: braap
61 - 71 of 71 Posts