Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum?

I wonder what he would think about me really wanting a Cayman GT4 RS when it's released as a present for my eventual retirement.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Welcome to the forum?

I wonder what he would think about me really wanting a Cayman GT4 RS when it's released as a present for my eventual retirement.

What retirement you talking about Lewis?!

I thought you are 35?!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
What retirement you talking about Lewis?!

I thought you are 35?!
The first one. I have about 6 years left in the military until I hit my 20-year point.

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I hear that Porches help with that adult-ish image.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
The first one. I have about 6 years left in the military until I hit my 20-year point.

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I hear that Porches help with that adult-ish image.

Speaking of Porsches.... I have a cousin that has a Porsche 911 GT3.

First thing I was told is know how to pronounce it right:

2nd thing I learned was some Porsche owners are snooty. 🤣😁

·
Registered
151 Posts
Speaking of Porsches.... I have a cousin that has a Porsche 911 GT3.
Oh man I just went on a early sunday morning drive with my friend who has a GT3 and it was my real first up close & personal experience with a GT3. I am absolutely smitten. The thing sounded INSANE (I was always behind it of course), literally like a Formula 1 car at some points. It screams all the way up to 9K RPM. So fast, so capable on the twisties, it's unreal. Basically decided on that day that my next move will eventually be a Cayman GT4.

I will say, however, that my friend loved the RS. I guess he's used to blowing people out of the water on the twisties but he was very impressed, not just with the driving capability but the looks, the sound, usability, ride height / stance, composure on turns, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been looking at getting the S8 Plus for a few weeks now since my car stock is still fetching around $36k or so.

Haven't made up my mind yet but thinking I might take advantage while the market is stupid nuts on used cars right now. I wouldn't be parting out either as it's to much of a PITA for me. All the stuff would go with the car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

My brother recently purchased a second-hand Audi S4 with the S sport package that has the sportier torque vectoring and stiffened shocks. He let me drive it on some good mountain roads, and its torque vectoring reminded me of the Focus RS in Track mode. That is to say that the S4 is very neutral and true to your steering inputs while you are flinging it around corners.

While the S4 doesn't have the party piece Drift mode, it seems to me to be a nice move for Focus RS owners that tire of the RS's tight seats, flinty ride, or economy car roots. Obviously, being an Audi, the S4 has an impeccable interior with some cool current tech. The S4's seats are some of the cushiest and most comfortable I've sat in (and they have a rudimentary massage function too). And the S sport adaptive suspension can be used in full stiff mode without shaking your fillings loose. (It also has good body control in comfort mode.)

I go into a lot more details about the S4 here on my blog.

Certainly the Focus RS is rawer and rowdier, and more fun when flung about, but I could see owners moving to the S4 when they get cranky with the RS's compromises.

Anyone here make the move to the Audi S4 or S5? How was that for you?
Not buying it…I went from a slightly modified S4 to the RS (450 HP version dyno tuned) and never looked back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rented an Audi A5 turbo for 7 weeks in Germany with less than 10K k on the odometer. Pretty fast in a strait line but otherwise it was a giant pile of trash. It's "sport mode" must have been engineered by idiots as it was actually dangerous on the Autobahn and almost caused me to crash a couple of times. While I was in Oberkoken I talked with a German engineer teasing him about the trash Audi "German" engineering and all the problems with the cars design. I later found out he was a BMW fan and wrote everything I told him in a Germany wide auto forum and it caused a massive flame war!
It bothered me at the time that I wasn't successful teasing him about German engineering but it still warms my heart that I was able to piss off thousands of Germans 2nd hand.

If you want an Audi go for it but I'd rather drive my old Mazda 3 than any Volks-trash-wagen.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Now that you mention it, in the colonies, the ”u” is silent.
You sir are wrong. One does not simply say "Jaguar". The correct pronunciation is:
{Clarkson Voice}Its a JAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaage{/Clarkson Voice}

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
The correct replacement for the Focus RS is a Porsche Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo.

Reactions: Barroux

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
But then you have to drive a panamera, which is in my opinion, one of the ugliest porches' in existence.....
Aww Helllll no. The Gen 2's are umhazing looking.

I'll give you the G1 though, its got one giant fat ass.

But, you can pickup a first gen Turbo for about $35-$55. 550hp AWD w/7spd PDK. And the interior is a damned nice place to be.

The RS will be paid off this next year, and with 5 years of savings after that, I can drop cash on a nice low mileage Gen2.

Heck, even the 4S Hybrid now mades like 550hp and 700lb/ft, that's a nice package. Mileage is probably good too if you stay in the batteries range. But even without it its rated at 23mpg combined. With the electric is rated at 50mpge.

• Haha
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
11 Posts
There will never be another car in our household with ridiculous lug bolts, rather than simple, reliable, convienent lug studs. This includes all idiot German maintenance queens with stud conversions. The only "German engineering" that has happened in the last two decades is the realization that tiny engines are not drivable, and copying what the others had for an age. Buy an Audi if you can afford to spend the sell price in maintenance every five years, or want to buy a dealership's worth of equipment and get another degree in service.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu
41 - 60 of 71 Posts