Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1961 - 1980 of 2022 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Standard practice is to never use a space saver spare on the front. If you get a flat front you move the rear to the front and put the space saver on the rear.
For RWD with LSD, spacersaver goes on the front.

AWD Subarus tell you specifically in the manual only to use the space saver on the back.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks mate. Good luck with your ABS defeat project.
Hi, just a teaser but I'll write it up properly later. This has taken forever, and took a while and iterations to get final design.

Here is the Abs defeat unit I built. It switches every wire except earth. May have got away with less, don't know. Huge amount of work and control box is like rs ...jammed in tight. Massive amount of labelling and you'd be surprised how much cable the whole thing swallowed. Vibration and reliability is always front of mind too..... particularly avoiding mechanical resonances which can fatigue out Copper wires. Note, I couldn't get an ABS plug anywhere and I tried for months. I made up a harness with appropriate connectors for each pin, assembled it and potted it with Dow 3145 which is mil spec. still need to maybe do final top up...it's so gooey.
Sleeve Electrical wiring Cable Twig Font

Luggage and bags Bag Circuit component Electrical wiring Computer cooling

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Watch Measuring instrument Auto part

·
Registered
250 Posts
Has anyone bought from this site before?

Seems like a good price for 12 bottles of Amsoil 5w50

·
Registered
251 Posts
Has anyone bought from this site before?

Seems like a good price for 12 bottles of Amsoil 5w50

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Also, a local club member has an account with Amsoil and sells it to us at cost since he just wants to get the products for himself and offers the same deal to everyone else. and at $85 for 12 qts was not far off from what i paid for 6.

how did you even find that link? that website primarily sells clothing (china?) doing a search on their site for that product shows no results.

·
Registered
2016 Focus RS
13 Posts
I just bought this accessport from a member here. My tuner wants me to plug it in and restore the OTS tunes (which it doesn’t seem like I can do from the car itself without first tuning the car once to marry the accessport). But when I go to open the tune files, I get this message. Does it matter that mine is a 2016?
Communication Device Telephony Portable communications device Gadget Mobile phone

·
Registered
2016 RS2
368 Posts
ive been down that road myself…. Answer below
I just bought this accessport from a member here. My tuner wants me to plug it in and restore the OTS tunes (which it doesn’t seem like I can do from the car itself without first tuning the car once to marry the accessport). But when I go to open the tune files, I get this message. Does it matter that mine is a 2016? View attachment 354964
Thanks for contacting COBB Support! Most of the recalls from Ford update the first model year ROM to the next year, in your case your 2016 ECU has been updated to a 2017-2018 ECU. They did that for the 2013 Focus ST (into 2014) after the wiring harness recall and the 2016 Focus RS (into 2017-2018) after the headgasket recall.

You're good, it won't affect the car in any way as you've already been on that newer ROM since the recall!

Reactions: aheadlan

·
Registered
2016 Focus RS
13 Posts
ive been down that road myself…. Answer below

Thanks for contacting COBB Support! Most of the recalls from Ford update the first model year ROM to the next year, in your case your 2016 ECU has been updated to a 2017-2018 ECU. They did that for the 2013 Focus ST (into 2014) after the wiring harness recall and the 2016 Focus RS (into 2017-2018) after the headgasket recall.

You're good, it won't affect the car in any way as you've already been on that newer ROM since the recall!
Thanks for the quick and super helpful response! I just loaded a tune and it worked great.

·
Registered
2018 NB LE
59 Posts
Took it to the dealer yesterday for an oil change (they owed me one due to issues after a warranty repair that took way longer than expected) I noticed the sticker on the windshield said 5w20 but the service ticket stated they used 5w50. Would you trust that the right oil was used and the jr tech just printed the wrong sticker or should I push to have it changed again to verify the correct oil was used.?

Trying to decide how concerned I should be

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Took it to the dealer yesterday for an oil change (they owed me one due to issues after a warranty repair that took way longer than expected) I noticed the sticker on the windshield said 5w20 but the service ticket stated they used 5w50. Would you trust that the right oil was used and the jr tech just printed the wrong sticker or should I push to have it changed again to verify the correct oil was used.?

Trying to decide how concerned I should be
It sounds like they repaid an inconvenience, with a mistake.
I would see what they have to say. I would be sure they understand, if you accept an explanation that it’s a clerical mistake, and the correct oil was used...and it wasn’t...the damage is on them. If that doesn’t sway them to redo the oil change, I would change it myself.
Many would see that as caving in. I don’t waste time or emotion trying to “win” something like this. I will make it right for me. If they choose to be substandard, so be it.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I recently pulled a fuse to the Sony amp/processor/computer and forgot to plug it back in. There was obviously no sound coming from the speakers. I plugged it back in, and now when I pull the volume knob down to zero, it says "Minimum" and faintly continues playing the stereo from the rear speakers, and very faintly from the front speakers. Is this intentional and something I haven't noticed before? Can another member confirm if that also happens with their stereo? I'm on unofficial Sync 3.4.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Quick question for those who’ve done the windage tray / balance shaft delete

im competent enough, but is it doable in the driveway on jackstands? Everything else I tackle myself, only thing I knew not to bother trying was the front sway bar (did that on a lift, so glad I did).

doable? I think that will be my winter mod

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I recently pulled a fuse to the Sony amp/processor/computer and forgot to plug it back in. There was obviously no sound coming from the speakers. I plugged it back in, and now when I pull the volume knob down to zero, it says "Minimum" and faintly continues playing the stereo from the rear speakers, and very faintly from the front speakers. Is this intentional and something I haven't noticed before? Can another member confirm if that also happens with their stereo? I'm on unofficial Sync 3.4.
I've actually had this randomly happen to me a couple of times without doing anything except try to start the car. What I've found usually fixes it is to pull the battery cable to reset everything.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Would I be crazy to put 17x7 braid wheels with 225 summer tires on a focus rs with 400whp? Want to see what the lightest wheels that fit would feel like. Well actually 6.5” fit too but that’s a 215.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 NB LE
59 Posts
Hopefully it is just due to supply shortages but looks like Mountune pulled their stainless brake lines and a few other products from their store. Of course right when I was planning to order them...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Would I be crazy to put 17x7 braid wheels with 225 summer tires on a focus rs with 400whp? Want to see what the lightest wheels that fit would feel like. Well actually 6.5” fit too but that’s a 215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i had 215/65/16 ko2’s on 400whp. Short answer it was sketchy AF, but still fine to drive. I would have serious thoughts about giving anyone else but me the keys… but a summer tire is a different story. You’d be just fine with ~225 wide summers, since the RS’s factory winter tires are 225

·
Registered
236 Posts
i had 215/65/16 ko2’s on 400whp. Short answer it was sketchy AF, but still fine to drive. I would have serious thoughts about giving anyone else but me the keys… but a summer tire is a different story. You’d be just fine with ~225 wide summers, since the RS’s factory winter tires are 225
Ty for replying. Yea I was thinking super soft tire like utg 180 or something and hopefully it’ll be able to have controlled street drifting lol. Even tho in the wet I’m nervous bc my 235s this morning in the rain came out really far with 2.2 neg rear camber. I’m actually more nervous about braking and what you said about only me being able to drive the car.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
a k02 is absolutely incomparable to a summer tire. You’ll be fine with a 225, though will still have reduced performance over the factory tires. Again, Ford sold the RS with 225 winters. So 225 UHP 180 treadwear tires would be fine

·
Registered
958 Posts
Does anyone know the part numbers for the coolant hose clamps? I read the hose clamps got revised, but when I look it up on Tasca parts I don't pull up any part numbers.

Thanks,
Try W527322 or W527338

Reactions: lvevo
1961 - 1980 of 2022 Posts