Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1761 - 1775 of 1775 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
What area and which tuners are you talking about?
Northern Suburbs, Melbourne. I've been told Coco eurotech or UGP are the ones to go to.

I understand the benefits of a COBB AP, but I don't have a lot of time on my hands these days to be going back and forth with an e-tuner, so I'm just seeing if I can get some decent gains with a drive in, drive out with one of those guys without fiddling around with an AP .. ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mate unless you want your engine’s bottom end and/or trans to go BOOM, your best bet is to let your tuner tune. Torque is your friend, but it’s also your enemy.
Right. I was just curious as to why this (seemingly) wasn't taken out with Tune+'s tune. I guess it's just too much for the powertrain to handle?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm running a Revotune stage 1 tune and am very happy with it. No need for an AP. When I went round outback nsw the dealer flashed it back to standard cause of difficulty getting premium fuel.

I think they have taken a lot of things into account in their tune for engine safety, have a look at their website

That's it in outback trim, sump guard, raised etc. In track mode, dropped 5cm and cup 2's came 5th out of 63 road registered cars in the Whiteline rallysprint, 35th outright. I'm happy with the power, there are many other ways to make the car quicker, I find gear changes clunky and slow

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
@RoughRoadDD when my RS was lifted and I ran the roof top tent, I thought about the awning but never pulled the trigger. Any photos of it open? Have always been curious what kind of slope it would have etx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Right. I was just curious as to why this (seemingly) wasn't taken out with Tune+'s tune. I guess it's just too much for the powertrain to handle?
Like all cars, yes the RS engine and trans have their weak spots. Tuning for longevity, if you value that as a factor, is the art. Building the internals and changing turbo is when you generally get to dictate how and how much you want that power delivered. There are different viewpoints on how much the stock internals can take and maybe discuss with your tuner if you want more lower rpm to mid-range torque or more hp in the upper revs. I prefer mid range power delivery and run approximately 425Bhp and 430FtLb torque with full bolt ons and stock internals.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,219 Posts
I got 4 new TPMS sensors from Ford Parts yesterday. On the packaging, it says each of them were packed with dates ranging from 2.5-3.5 years ago. Does that time cut into the life expectancy of these? Or are they in some sort of "extremely" low power mode until they are synced with the car for the first time using the TPMS tool, and then the clock starts? Wondering if I should take them back and have them give me "newer" ones? I would like these to last on my car for at least 6-7 years (through two sets of tires).

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I got 4 new TPMS sensors from Ford Parts yesterday. On the packaging, it says each of them were packed with dates ranging from 2.5-3.5 years ago. Does that time cut into the life expectancy of these? Or are they in some sort of "extremely" low power mode until they are synced with the car for the first time using the TPMS tool, and then the clock starts? Wondering if I should take them back and have them give me "newer" ones? I would like these to last on my car for at least 6-7 years (through two sets of tires).
As long as they aren’t scanned an activated, the tpms sensor should not be drawing anything in storage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
@RoughRoadDD when my RS was lifted and I ran the roof top tent, I thought about the awning but never pulled the trigger. Any photos of it open? Have always been curious what kind of slope it would have etx

Spare tyre, turfor winch, tools, all tucked snugly in back

All out of sight under floor cover. Note satellite comms if stuck.

5cm spacers on tractive suspension. Re engineered sump guard as weak points, 17inch rims and higher profile tyres, wavetrac diff, HDPE underbody protection, decent mud flaps, lasar lights. Rs having a facial mudpack. Mainly dirt roads outback new south wales. Saw one or two cars a day, could cover all the 4wd trace except where too deep ruts or sand. 40 litres spare water and petrol, 5m cable to give winch extension, shovel. Went like clockwork and handles fantastically in mud.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Will the TB Performance Torque Gusset Traction Bar fit with my ADF Customs skid plate and splash guard? Website says that the OEM undertray needs modifications for fitment.

Sample picture on the site:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the Ford UK Roof Racks come in all black and/or with locks or are people just plasti-dipping them black. Do regular Thule locks fit the racks? Lastly, where are people ordering these from. Last I heard Ford UK doesnt ship to US anymore. Any places that ship direct to the US without using that secondary ship method? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
View attachment 352053

View attachment 352054
Spare tyre, turfor winch, tools, all tucked snugly in back
View attachment 352055
All out of sight under floor cover. Note satellite comms if stuck.
View attachment 352056
5cm spacers on tractive suspension. Re engineered sump guard as weak points, 17inch rims and higher profile tyres, wavetrac diff, HDPE underbody protection, decent mud flaps, lasar lights. Rs having a facial mudpack. Mainly dirt roads outback new south wales. Saw one or two cars a day, could cover all the 4wd trace except where too deep ruts or sand. 40 litres spare water and petrol, 5m cable to give winch extension, shovel. Went like clockwork and handles fantastically in mud.
How do you like the wavetrac LSD?

Seeing your car makes me think that Richard Hammond should have ditched the treads and ran your setup!

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
212 Posts
Does the Ford UK Roof Racks come in all black and/or with locks or are people just plasti-dipping them black. Do regular Thule locks fit the racks? Lastly, where are people ordering these from. Last I heard Ford UK doesnt ship to US anymore. Any places that ship direct to the US without using that secondary ship method? Thanks!!
No/yes. Yes. I got mine from a UK seller of Ford parts on eBay.

1761 - 1775 of 1775 Posts