Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1775 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RS
264 Posts
checked for codes today.. found a few.... I’m assuming battery and fuel sensor from what I’ve slightly read ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
MPS4S or continental Contact extreme sport are both good tires I use the MPS4S as my daily tire and they arecomfortable.
I'm currently running the Continentals and was previously on the MPS4S. In my experience, against the previous Michellin SuperSports, the Conti's did have the edge when it came to ride quality (including road noise), longevity and turn in. But now the MPS4S has surpassed the Conti's on all accounts and I'll be going back to the Michy's when I'm next due.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just a silly point. I didn't realise I could adjust my steering wheel for reach, I thought it was just angle. Also, a friend of mine didn't know you could tilt the back seat cushions forward to make a flat loading area, well almost. Plus if course hidden compartments in arm rest and it slides forwards and back, I think we have the UK centre console here. Anyone have anything else people miss?
The rear seat bottoms flip forward so the rear seatbacks can fold flat.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RS
264 Posts
Looking over some of my imperfections that I’d like to fix...

Don’t mind the rust, it is cracked, just want to know if anyone can confirm this part for replacement, I’m planning on repainting grilles when bumper comes off for IC/ hard pipe install.. do I just need this part or is there more I should be looking for?
Grille Surround - Ford (G1EZ-17K946-B)

thanks!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
^^speaking of Tasca, has anyone had any good luck with them?

I placed an order from Tasca going on two weeks ago. Got a confirmation but no shipping confirmation or any other details. I've reached out through email about status of my order number and they have been unresponsive. Just wondering about others' recent experiences.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

I placed an order from Tasca going on two weeks ago. Got a confirmation but no shipping confirmation or any other details. I've reached out through email about status of my order number and they have been unresponsive. Just wondering about others' recent experiences.
Tasca is usually pretty good, if the part is in stock.

You're in the SF Bay area, right? Try ordering from Gaudin Ford in Vegas. Normally, Gaudin's prices are a few bucks more than Tasca but you'll more than make up the difference in shipping. I bought front calipers from them and the difference in shipping cost was huge. Shipping time was a day or two vs a week as well. I needed a part in the same order ASAP, they even split the shipment and didn't charge me extra!

@MbbRS, it looks like you're trying to replace the metal grill itself, yes? In that case, the part you want looks to be G1EZ-17K946-C

·
Registered
2016 RS
264 Posts
Tasca is usually pretty good, if the part is in stock.

You're in the SF Bay area, right? Try ordering from Gaudin Ford in Vegas. Normally, Gaudin's prices are a few bucks more than Tasca but you'll more than make up the difference in shipping. I bought front calipers from them and the difference in shipping cost was huge. Shipping time was a day or two vs a week as well. I needed a part in the same order ASAP, they even split the shipment and didn't charge me extra!

@MbbRS, it looks like you're trying to replace the metal grill itself, yes? In that case, the part you want looks to be G1EZ-17K946-C
I’d like to , but not for the price. I believe it’s just the grille bracket itself is cracked.. tabs on the lip seems fine..
It’s kind of hard to see in the picture, but you can see the small crack, just don’t want to take it apart to find I need more parts to get it back together.... has anyone removed/replaced just the surround?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Don’t mind the rust, it is cracked, just want to know if anyone can confirm this part for replacement, I’m planning on repainting grilles when bumper comes off for IC/ hard pipe install.. do I just need this part or is there more I should be looking for?
I’d like to , but not for the price. I believe it’s just the grille bracket itself is cracked.. tabs on the lip seems fine..
It’s kind of hard to see in the picture, but you can see the small crack, just don’t want to take it apart to find I need more parts to get it back together.... has anyone removed/replaced just the surround?
I believe you are correct, that is the part you need, but you might also need the retaining clips (item 5 on the diagram on your link I think) from what I remember when I had my bumper off. Not sure if they are reusable, but you will have to be careful when taking those clips and the surround off. I think the clips are held on by those "one time use" tabs on the bumper, so you'll have to try not to damage them when taking it apart. You can kinda see them here on this video:

I've ordered a bunch of parts from them in the past. They are great if you're not in a hurry. Most of the time, I order something from them and forget about it until it shows up at my door several weeks later lol. Their prices are usually ok, it's the shipping that gets ridiculous. I mainly use their site to look up p/n's then just google it for who ever sells it cheapest. If it happens to be them, then I go with them. They have been responsive via e-mail though, I've had a couple returns I got processed that way. Took a few days between replies tho.

Out of curiosity, what parts did you order? Depending on what they are (RS specific vs regular Focus), they can take anywhere from a few days to weeks to ship.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
190 Posts
I've checked parts on Tasca, but never ordered from them. At least for the parts I was looking at, the shipping was very expensive and it was overall cheaper to get it from a local dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
wasn't there some who posted something for the grills and grill bracket from ebay that is way cheaper. they are the ones who sells the cf look lip.

·
Registered
2016 RS
264 Posts
wasn't there some who posted something for the grills and grill bracket from ebay that is way cheaper. they are the ones who sells the cf look lip.
I will take a look through, if tasca is too much, I do have a friend that runs parts dept at a local Ford.. and for what it’s worth , item 5 on that diagram says discontinued.... it’s not a dire need I’d just like to clean it up..

thanks for the responses !!!

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
2016 RS
264 Posts
I believe you are correct, that is the part you need, but you might also need the retaining clips (item 5 on the diagram on your link I think) from what I remember when I had my bumper off. Not sure if they are reusable, but you will have to be careful when taking those clips and the surround off. I think the clips are held on by those "one time use" tabs on the bumper, so you'll have to try not to damage them when taking it apart. You can kinda see them here on this video:

I've ordered a bunch of parts from them in the past. They are great if you're not in a hurry. Most of the time, I order something from them and forget about it until it shows up at my door several weeks later lol. Their prices are usually ok, it's the shipping that gets ridiculous. I mainly use their site to look up p/n's then just google it for who ever sells it cheapest. If it happens to be them, then I go with them. They have been responsive via e-mail though, I've had a couple returns I got processed that way. Took a few days between replies tho.

Out of curiosity, what parts did you order? Depending on what they are (RS specific vs regular Focus), they can take anywhere from a few days to weeks to ship.

the tabs on the physical bumper, not tabs on item 23 correct?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the responses everyone. They finally responded to me today, some part is backordered and holding up the entire order. I'm trying to have them ship incomplete. We'll see what happens.

I'm trying to order front and rear hub and bearing assemblies, with replacement nuts, bolts, and retainer clips. I've been trying to source these for like 6 mos. :/

I'm drilling the hubs to M14 and am planning to use extended threaded wheel studs from MSI.

@phillofoc Thanks for the recommendation. I'm calling Gaudin in the morning to check stock.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there any way to free up 1st and 2nd gears from the restrictive ECU? I have a tune from Tune+ but it didn't seem to do that. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm ready to go for a tune, and I'm just weighing up the cons and pros and options for buying an AP and going through an e-tune or I have a couple of reputable dyno tuners in my area. I'm just wondering the benefits of having an AP or if I possibly don't even need one?

·
Registered
Sept/2016
224 Posts
I'm ready to go for a tune, and I'm just weighing up the cons and pros and options for buying an AP and going through an e-tune or I have a couple of reputable dyno tuners in my area. I'm just wondering the benefits of having an AP or if I possibly don't even need one?
You need one, even if you decide to go to someone in your area, although I always suggest using someone who knows the platform really well and has a good reputation. Adam w/ tune+, Randy, stratified etc etc

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
What area and which tuners are you talking about?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is there any way to free up 1st and 2nd gears from the restrictive ECU? I have a tune from Tune+ but it didn't seem to do that. Thoughts?
Mate unless you want your engine’s bottom end and/or trans to go BOOM, your best bet is to let your tuner tune. Torque is your friend, but it’s also your enemy.

1741 - 1760 of 1775 Posts