Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1732 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Isn't there also a X-pattern rotation for AWD vehicles?

Reactions: 320icar

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is this it? I’m not 100% sure:
Could be. Since there is no picture, Im going to check some dealerships and see if they have one in stock.
I found this one on UK Ebay. Looks just like the shop manual piece.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Depends on the tire. My track tires (Hankook RS4) are directional, so I just do the front-to-rear swap. For a non-directional tire, like my street tires (PS4Ss), I do the "rearward cross" (driver right to passenger rear, passenger front to driver rear, driver rear to driver front, passenger rear to passenger front).
I bought Yoko Advan A052s.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I bought Yoko Advan A052s.
non-directional, so I would do the rearward cross.

Also, curious as to what you think about the tires on-track? These are at the top of my list for next tires to try, but my damn RS4's seem to last forever (although they are pretty much heat-cycled out I think).

·
Registered
197 Posts
non-directional, so I would do the rearward cross.

Also, curious as to what you think about the tires on-track? These are at the top of my list for next tires to try, but my damn RS4's seem to last forever (although they are pretty much heat-cycled out I think).
I'll let you know after this weekend!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can anyone help me find the P# for the fog lights and running light bezel. Mine cracked somehow...

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter /Tema 4x4 30mm spacer/massive sway endlinks//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Am I looking too deep or are we on our way out on HG #2? Coolant level still between min/max but I know that sound. Literally got retuned like 5 days ago.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is this it? I’m not 100% sure:
Went to my local ford dealer today.
Can confirm that this is the correct part number for the Neutral Position Sensor.
They showed me a picture of it and its identical.
Currently on back order until April or June they said.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Am I looking too deep or are we on our way out on HG #2? Coolant level still between min/max but I know that sound. Literally got retuned like 5 days ago.
That looks like regular condensation. THIS is a failing gasket:

·
Registered
195 Posts
That looks like regular condensation. THIS is a failing gasket:

My video has nothing to do with condensation, I know what a fully blown headgasket looks and smells like. If you listen to the video, you can hear it misfiring. It goes away warmed up, this morning I had 88 misfires on a cold start. Total 160 before it was fully warm. Considering a possible bad tank of gas, but it went away once warmed up. This is a full long block replacement from Ford as well. About 35,000km on it.
My thought is that when it sits and allows coolant to leak into the cylinder, it temporarily fouls the plug. Others on the forum have had similar issues and weeks later it fully lets go. Since we don't talk head gaskets much on here anymore, there isn't any new info.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
So I’m going to get a pcv catch can. Should I also get a breather plate?
IMO, you’re right there, a few more screws (and an extra $100) WTH?
But, it isn’t the difference between success and failure.
I‘m not convinced the after market plate is way more superior to the OEM
It’s a lot prettier (which you’ll never see again)
Kinda up to, how you feel about the extra cost.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
IMO, you’re right there, a few more screws (and an extra $100) WTH?
But, it isn’t the difference between success and failure.
I‘m not convinced the after market plate is way more superior to the OEM
It’s a lot prettier (which you’ll never see again)
Kinda up to, how you feel about the extra cost.
^ This. I replaced it because I was in there already. I bought the Radium setup & it's a pretty easy thing with their kit. But I'm also with Gramps, I'm not sure how much of a difference it truly makes. But OTOH I didn't want to wonder if it's something that I should have done while I had the chance. If it were a lot more money, then no. But at $100? For sure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also, curious as to what you think about the tires on-track?
In the past month I've driven Buttonwillow and Thunderschleife on A052.

They're great for a lap or two. They turn on quickly, but will be greasy before your session is even close to half done. Cool down lap required, then can hit it hard for another lap. They are more responsive than my 265 Cup2 (stiffer sidewalls) for sure, great turn in response. I was rolling sidewalls on the Cup2 (they are notoriously soft) but none of that on the A052.

I find that with the A052 I am having to pitch the car into the turn a bit early knowing that I'll be sliding out at turn exit.

The A052 doesn't handle well off track in the dirt. :)

I am running camber -3.3F, -2.3R and tire wear is right at the tips of the triangles. I set cold/warm pressures to 39psi F 40R, aiming for hot pressures around 46F and 47-48R. I kept having to air down a bit as I got faster each session. Ran my PB at the last session and ended with hot pressures on target.

1000miles and two track days, tires are done. I'd only get them again if I were confident in the car and chasing tenths. I'm still learning how to drive so I think I'm wasting money on expensive tires.

I can't speak toooo much until I toss my RE71Rs on for next track day, haven't tried them yet and they are next. I'll have a more complete opinion and comparison at that point.

Hunting..

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I can't speak toooo much until I toss my RE71Rs on for next track day, haven't tried them yet and they are next. I'll have a more complete opinion and comparison at that point.
Great post, thank you!

Funny enough, I've had the RE71Rs and feel the exact same way about them...great for the first two laps, then gets greasy after that until.you cool them off again. They also only lasted me a season (about 6 trackdays).

Gahd I want to do the thunderschleife again... Hoping this year will be the year (last I've done it was before I've event seen west, so you could imagine the sketch factor the moment I went over the hill lol)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hey guys,

What’s a used accessport going for these days? I’ve seen so many different ranges that it’s hard to gauge what’s fair.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Hey guys,

What’s a used accessport going for these days? I’ve seen so many different ranges that it’s hard to gauge what’s fair.

$400- $450 from what I seen here in the forums.

1681 - 1700 of 1732 Posts