Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1531 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Follow-up question: any body with a mountune intercooler know what the inlet/outlet dimension is? Just curious if my ETS pipes will work with the Mountune or will I need to order the Mountune pipes too. I'm guessing they are all the same and are intended to work with the OEM intercooler?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Follow-up question: any body with a mountune intercooler know what the inlet/outlet dimension is? Just curious if my ETS pipes will work with the Mountune or will I need to order the Mountune pipes too. I'm guessing they are all the same and are intended to work with the OEM intercooler?
While I don't have the exact measurements, I can tell you they are the same size as the stock intercooler inlet/outlet. So as long as the pipes you get work with the stock intercooler, then you'll be good. Here's one of the many pics I took when doing my Mountune intercooler install a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
While I don't have the exact measurements, I can tell you they are the same size as the stock intercooler inlet/outlet. So as long as the pipes you get work with the stock intercooler, then you'll be good. Here's one of the many pics I took when doing my Mountune intercooler install a few years ago.
Great! Any tips on the install? Will be doing mine this weekend if it arrives on time (supposed to be friday, but we'll fedex...we'll see...). I recall seeing a thread about having difficulties getting one side in and having to loosen the radiator support?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Great! Any tips on the install? Will be doing mine this weekend if it arrives on time (supposed to be friday, but we'll fedex...we'll see...). I recall seeing a thread about having difficulties getting one side in and having to loosen the radiator support?
Awesome! The install is actually pretty straightforward. The part that takes the longest is unfastening everything to remove the bumper. DO BE CAREFUL with the little tabs that are underneath the headlights (after you remove them).

You have to unhook them to finally release the bumper (you'll see what I mean). Here's what the bumper side looks like that hooks under them:

I actually broke the tab off under the passenger side headlight. Didn't think I was pulling up that hard, but apparently I was. Or, I just have Hulk strength... If it does break, it's not a big deal though. All they really do is help hold the bumper in place while you fasten everything down. It didn't give me any issues when I put the bumper back on, and it's not loose at all or anything on that side, so it's inconsequential:

When installing, I couldn't get the Mountune intercooler to clear the frame. When I called Mountune, the install tech told me you had to drop the radiator, but only slightly. Check out my post here when I gave some tips to another fellow here several months ago: Mountune FMIC Installation Help
And here's a pic of when I was using the jack to support the radiator:

Not knowing to drop the radiator a little was the only snag I hit. So you should be fully prepared now! Let me know if I can help with anything else!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
When installing, I couldn't get the Mountune intercooler to clear the frame. When I called Mountune, the install tech told me you had to drop the radiator, but only slightly. Check out my post here when I gave some tips to another fellow here several months ago: Mountune FMIC Installation Help
And here's a pic of when I was using the jack to support the radiator:
View attachment 348220
Not knowing to drop the radiator a little was the only snag I hit. So you should be fully prepared now! Let me know if I can help with anything else!
Ah yes, I'm all too familiar with the bumper removal process (unfortunately). I've had to take that thing off so many times for a myriad of things (ETS intercooler install, skid plate install, front lip 2x, etc.) I'm surprised it still lines up as well as it does and that I am yet to break any of those clips (knock on wood).

Thank you for the install tips! Love this community!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I got bumper removal down to 8 minutes. But again to be honest half the fasteners aren’t there so it’s kind of cheating
Current PB is 18 mins from jacking up the car to bumper off lol (had a "d'oh!" moment and forgot to tighten 2 of the front lip fasteners after finally buttoning everything up).

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had to emergently replace one of my winter tires but I’m still waiting on the other 3 to arrive. How long do you think I would be okay to drive on the 1 mismatched tread depth tire before there would be meaningful wear on the drivetrain?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I had to emergently replace one of my winter tires but I’m still waiting on the other 3 to arrive. How long do you think I would be okay to drive on the 1 mismatched tread depth tire before there would be meaningful wear on the drivetrain?
indefinitely. The height of a tire tread won’t hurt anything. Rock on

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys, anybody get better lug nuts for their RS? I am looking for some but have no suggestions. The stock ones are a hassle.

Also, I bought a Ford Performance Banner with the Performance written in the same blue as the RS logo. I thought it would be cool to buy mud flaps that are the same blue. Anyone have some that can show me what they look like? I can't find any photos.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hey guys, anybody get better lug nuts for their RS? I am looking for some but have no suggestions. The stock ones are a hassle.

Also, I bought a Ford Performance Banner with the Performance written in the same blue as the RS logo. I thought it would be cool to buy mud flaps that are the same blue. Anyone have some that can show me what they look like? I can't find any photos.
Rally Armor makes a set of black mud flaps with nitrous blue lettering: 2012-19 Ford Focus, ST, RS Black UR Mud Flap Nitrous Blue Logo, Rally Armor and nitrous blue flaps with white lettering: 2012-19 Ford Focus, ST, RS Nitrous Blue UR Mud Flap White Logo, Rally Armor. Is this what you're looking for? RA mud flaps were the first mod I did (to protect the paint), and they're still going strong.

Reactions: aheadlan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Rally Armor makes a set of black mud flaps with nitrous blue lettering: 2012-19 Ford Focus, ST, RS Black UR Mud Flap Nitrous Blue Logo, Rally Armor and nitrous blue flaps with white lettering: 2012-19 Ford Focus, ST, RS Nitrous Blue UR Mud Flap White Logo, Rally Armor. Is this what you're looking for? RA mud flaps were the first mod I did (to protect the paint), and they're still going strong.
yeah...once you install the flaps...make sure you don't reverse over any curbs. they'll rip the entire fender liner out and the plastic bracket that's inside the bumper. i knows from experience (y):cool:(y)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Picking up my car today, I'll post pics and start a build thread tomorrow. But is it really a build if someone else did all the building? :unsure:

With a tune, can I still put the car in Sport mode when driving or do I have to leave it in normal mode?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks those are nice, but I was hoping to find ones that are the same blue as the RS badge or the Ford logo. I've seen White Focus ST owners with red mudflaps that match the ST logo. Have you seen what I mean?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Picking up my car today, I'll post pics and start a build thread tomorrow. But is it really a build if someone else did all the building? :unsure:

With a tune, can I still put the car in Sport mode when driving or do I have to leave it in normal mode?
It still would be, but if you don't mind me asking, who are you getting to do it for you? :D

1501 - 1520 of 1531 Posts