·
Registered
787 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanks!
Certainly are not cheap, will cost me $105aud plus I'll get raped on postage too!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not really a question but I didn't want to start a new thread about this.

I'm nervous. Cautiously optimistic.

Tonight I'll drop my car off to have all the parts put on I bought Thanksgiving week. I'm going from stock sans lowering springs to as close to FBO as I'll ever get. Tuned. I've never had a modified car before.

I found the installer/mechanic on Google. Lots of good reviews short and long term. All the techs working there have modified cars. I believe I am the first RS they've seen, though. With the short week if I drop off tonight I might get it back a week from tomorrow.

Tell me everything is going to be alright. Must go faster. This is the way.

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
Not really a question but I didn't want to start a new thread about this.

I'm nervous. Cautiously optimistic.

Tonight I'll drop my car off to have all the parts put on I bought Thanksgiving week. I'm going from stock sans lowering springs to as close to FBO as I'll ever get. Tuned. I've never had a modified car before.

I found the installer/mechanic on Google. Lots of good reviews short and long term. All the techs working there have modified cars. I believe I am the first RS they've seen, though. With the short week if I drop off tonight I might get it back a week from tomorrow.

Tell me everything is going to be alright. Must go faster. This is the way.

You've done your homework about the shop and they know what they are doing, you should be fine.

This is the way.

Reactions: BMoneyMan

·
Registered
519 Posts
It was entertaining how he was "ready-to-buy" but made a bunch of excuses.... "heck" then just buy NEW then...
That's at least how I looked at it....
I do almost every time....
It sucks... But that's what I did...
You should see my garage and driveway now.....

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So I'm not here all the time... Gotta ask...

What Got POKERRUN388 BANNED?!?
He has recently got himself banned from the ST forums too!
Same shi7 over there, they gave him a bubble thread, and not even that could save him, 147 pages of absolutely writing him off, non stop and he lasted approx 112 Of those(IIRC) pages before they too had enough.
It's quite a funny read actually....

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Anybody know where to get body parts off the totaled RSs? My body shop is doing a spectacular job of messing up my rear door after it was hit in a parking lot, and I think I'm better off getting a used door from a salvage yard and installing it myself.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Anybody know where to get body parts off the totaled RSs? My body shop is doing a spectacular job of messing up my rear door after it was hit in a parking lot, and I think I'm better off getting a used door from a salvage yard and installing it myself.
I've been getting mine either local sellers (regular mk3 focus hatch parts) or thru ebay motors. Note that some wreckers on ebay only ship to business addresses or body shops (no idea why).

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I was in the same boat. The body shop did a decent job putting the door on the car, but then transferred the broken detent gadget and left some spots. I had to bring the car back twice before they get it right. At least you're FW, that's the easiest to match.

Do go after the other guy's insurance company for diminished value. It's free money, especially if you don't plan on selling the car. Expect for them to really lowball you, then offer 1/3 to 1/2 of what the real diminished value is.

Reactions: Madokami

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I've been getting mine either local sellers (regular mk3 focus hatch parts) or thru ebay motors. Note that some wreckers on ebay only ship to business addresses or body shops (no idea why).
Are you aware of any issues fitting other mk3 doors on our RSs? I found some posts saying that they're different but other than the detent (is that what that little anchor is called?) that @phillofoc mentioned, I don't see a difference.

Do go after the other guy's insurance company for diminished value. It's free money, especially if you don't plan on selling the car. Expect for them to really lowball you, then offer 1/3 to 1/2 of what the real diminished value is.
Unfortunately, it was a hit and run and we never caught the guy. I would never had known how it happened had I not had security cameras on my home and insisted on a time lapse dashcam for my wife's car.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Are you aware of any issues fitting other mk3 doors on our RSs? I found some posts saying that they're different but other than the detent (is that what that little anchor is called?) that @phillofoc mentioned, I don't see a difference.
Ya, sorry, no idea about the doors unfortunately. So far, I've sourced the hood, rear hatch and various interior trim panels and all transferred over no problem.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have a light 2 parter.

1. Temps are consistently around freezing. I know the shocks are filled with fluid etc etc but the last few days the car has felt extremely stiff. Does this happen to everyone else’s RS when the weather gets cold?

2. I recently installed the powerflex ‘race’ trans and motor mount inserts. NVH is up obviously but it’s fine. a few days After the install driving home from work, the car developed a bit of a misfire on the Hwy and felt/sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders. Did a visual check to make sure everything was plugged in, no codes or CEL etc. Since then it’s been running fine.

first few days there was minimal NVH increase but now 2 weeks later it feels rougher than Before. Now at low/mid rpm it almost sounds subaru-esque with some rumble (similar to the FENG when that was plugged in)

so for those who have all 3 motor/trans mounts upgraded, does your car feel/sound more like a subaru? Or should I be digging deeper for issues

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
1. Temps are consistently around freezing. I know the shocks are filled with fluid etc etc but the last few days the car has felt extremely stiff. Does this happen to everyone else’s RS when the weather gets cold?
Being a Cali native, I feel like I can't really attest to this, but in my area, which does see freezing temperatures during the winter for a month or so a year, I do feel the shocks start out stiff in the early mornings as I make my way to the freeway on my way to work. They do progressively return to normal by the end of my 20min commute. I can't imagine the ambient temperatures changing that much over that span of time, so I would assume the damper oils are getting up to temp from the bumps.

Do your dampers feel the same after an extended drive?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Probably a dumb question but...

When going from a 4" thick intercooler to a 5", is a re-tune or even a tune optimization needed? I can't imagine having a 1" thicker intercooler adding that much more volume. What would a tuner have to optimize?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Probably a dumb question but...

When going from a 4" thick intercooler to a 5", is a re-tune or even a tune optimization needed? I can't imagine having a 1" thicker intercooler adding that much more volume. What would a tuner have to optimize?
I would not think a tune would be needed, just for that.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
my Plan since the Head Gasket Recall has been to ultimately replace the engine when i pay off the car.

because i have recently payed it off i have been looking into engine builders, originally i was going to get a Mountune Long Block. but i am looking into other places lately and i see alot of Builders state they use a 2.0 and just increase it to 2.3 with 2.3 internals.

my question(s) is will this effect the mods to be installed or anything, requiring Focus ST bolt-ons, instead of RS mods.

also what is a good ( if not the best ) builder ( i know this is mostly opinion )

also what is needed compared to a Long Block vs Short Block

1481 - 1500 of 1543 Posts