Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1457 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have some questions for those of you running e30/40:

1. Do you use 13.4 gallons or 13.9 gallons for tank size? There is a discrepancy between Ford Media and the workshop manual.

2. If the pump says 93 octane contains up to 10% ethanol, do you automatically assume it's 10% when putting it in the calculator?

3. Do you fill up when exactly at half or a quarter tank to make the math easy off whatever number you use in question 1?
1. 13.9 gal. Combined with my Cobb AP fuel level reading, its been giving me accurate mixing according to my ethanol reader

2. I usually get 10-12% ethanol on the 3-4 gas stations I frequent, so I think 10% is a good assumption.

3. Before having an ethanol reader, I've been doing as you had suggested, only filling up at half or near empty. I was also using my Cobb AP fuel level to help me with the calculations. I started filling up with E30 whenever once I had my ethanol reader installed.

I would also suggest you measure the ethanol content of your E85 before mixing. This should help getting your mix closer to ideal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm no longer in possession of an RS, but I happen to still have two keys. Is there anything useful I can do with them other than throw them out? Are they worth any $?

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
The fob can be reprogrammed, but the key inside the fob would need to be replaced.

Hopefully a locksmith can easily replace that.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Dose anyone know what lip is turned up and why on the dmgfab front rally skidplate?
ok I think I get it now. The aluminum piece on the DMGfab splitter Is part of the splitter. It’s a removable front lip to protect the lower front bumper. It curls upwards to not only protect higher, but if you bottom out at-speed it won’t dig into the dirt.

If you go back into the DMGfab thread you will see I modified mine by drilling the holes 1” closer in-board to Have my lip stick out less

·
Registered
96 Posts
This thread is so helpful.

I bit off a big chunk of upgrades (god bless my wife!) and am curious if I should either a) keep or b) try to sell any of the stock parts. The only reason I'd keep is in case I get a ticket for loud exhaust or something - not quite sure how that works in Maryland.

I will be replacing:

• Intercooler + pipes
  • Exhaust
  • Downpipe
  • Intake

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
This thread is so helpful.

I bit off a big chunk of upgrades (god bless my wife!) and am curious if I should either a) keep or b) try to sell any of the stock parts. The only reason I'd keep is in case I get a ticket for loud exhaust or something - not quite sure how that works in Maryland.
I have always kept all my stock parts on all my past cars. They always seem to come in handy when I need them (contrary to popular belief, in my experience, after market "upgraded" parts tend to break sooner than OEM). Also, come time to move on to the next car, I've always had the most return by selling off all the after market parts and putting back the OEM parts and trading/selling the car.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I never sell any parts off of my cars except the stock wheels. I find the convenience of having oem parts is way more useful than selling for pennies on the dollar.

1421 - 1440 of 1457 Posts