Ford Focus RS Forum banner

821 - 840 of 869 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone get any "burning" smell after a drive? I kinda get that smell... Oil is good, coolant level is ok. hm, Clutch maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone get any "burning" smell after a drive? I kinda get that smell... Oil is good, coolant level is ok. hm, Clutch maybe?
Does it smell metallic or rubbery? I know it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes. But if you are sliding corners and ripping through parts of your drive it might be tires, but likely if you are smelling it during most of your driving it is probably clutch wear. If you are new to manuals I would find someone who has a long track record of driving manuals and have them give some pointers. This clutch/tranny is not the best in the world (very vague feeling and engagement points) so it can be easy to slip it during hard shifting.

If you are a perfect manual driver and are not having issues there then get it checked out immediately because if the clutch has an issue it will be costly. If you lose your clutch it will damage the flywheel and the flywheel on this car cannot be machined or recovered and is VERY expensive. If you throw a clutch and this happens likely it will be 2500+ at a Ford dealer for repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, not sure if this is the right section to post this but does anyone know if installing a turbosmart dual bov and ramair filter will void the factory warranty here in the US? Also are any tubes backed by ford warranty or is this only available in Europe? Was specifically looking at the FPM75.

Thank everyone
The only thing to watch out for with any air filter change is the odd design of the airbox. If you do not get a quality custom designed filter it will begin to whine when under load and is a little annoying.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a burning paper smell for a while after a drive checked everytime and could never find source.
only thought was a paper part # tag or sticker, went away eventually.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the feedbacks, I checked if my clutch is slipping it isn't. I'm like checking engine oil and PTU leak religiously as it had happened to me before (lots of changes, new 2018 engine and sealed PTU) . Maybe it's the new engine smell? It's like metallic. I don't see smoke from the front either but I can smell it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the feedbacks, I checked if my clutch is slipping it isn't. I'm like checking engine oil and PTU leak religiously as it had happened to me before (lots of changes, new 2018 engine and sealed PTU) . Maybe it's the new engine smell? It's like metallic. I don't see smoke from the front either but I can smell it
Brakes?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not sure if it's the brakes. have you guys smelled anything after a drive? not spirited at all. Maybe like a long freeway ride back home from work or something?

·
Registered
112 Posts
@rkccs.257

have you check for an exhaust leak. Any carbon build up around the exhaust connections? Any chance you developed the valve cover gasket leak?

I to have a random smell that’s very Metallica that came and went over time. Never figured it out but I no longer have that smell anymore. Not sure if it’s a good thing or bad thing because it either wore down the part enough or the what ever it is broke which is my fear.What ever it was the smell never presented it’s cause.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey moxboost there is some carbon build up around the exhaust. As for the valve cover, I've had that issue before and the dealership attempted 2x to repair but to no avail and so they decided to replace my engine with a 2018 one. Currently sitting about 1200 miles on it (ODOT reads 11050) . Had PTU leak about a month ago after the engine was replaced but that was sealed and no longer leaking. The "burnt" smell I haven't smelled it as strong as before, but like you said comes and goes

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not sure if any of you guys have ever heard this sound....
Its sounds electrical to me.
This has not happened to my car before. I got to work after a 15 minute drive and when I turned it off this sound didnt go away.
Might need headphones for this...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is that the centre speaker in the dash? I read somewhere that can make weird sounds when car is off....?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have experienced similar sounds, I am thinking it may be the vents actuating open and close, where it cycles fresh or cabin air. It does have climate control. Unless it's doing it while driving, I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That was the first time I ever heard the sound.
It didn't do it when I got home so for now it went away.
I was just worried because my aunts expedition burned down due to an electrical issue. Old expedition though...90's

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Has anybody fitted hard pipes and a 4 port aux system? Did you have issues with fitment? I have a boost leak and thinking of just replacing the piping altogether. Getting real sick of moving t-bolt clamps around.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has anybody fitted hard pipes and a 4 port aux system? Did you have issues with fitment? I have a boost leak and thinking of just replacing the piping altogether. Getting real sick of moving t-bolt clamps around.
Hard pipes as in charge pipes. I have an aux fuel system setup on our track RS and it does not have any issues. Neither do the CPE charge pipes with HKS bov.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Hard pipes as in charge pipes. I have an aux fuel system setup on our track RS and it does not have any issues. Neither do the CPE charge pipes with HKS bov.
Yes, charge pipes. I thought it without typing it. Thank you, I was actually looking at CPE pipes and I have the Radium rail as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is there a rear bumper valence with a fog light that isn’t that wimpy looking circle? I want a square light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Next to the sub in the trunk, i see other people have two grey electronic boxes, i dont have these and i bought the car from new, what am i missing ???

821 - 840 of 869 Posts