Ford Focus RS Forum banner

741 - 749 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the bolt that goes right here? Or does anyone have a spare they’d be willing to sell to me?
I didn't see this before. Maybe check your undertray?

You probably stripped the threads (ask me how I know). You'll probably need one of these:
[/URL]

I'm 95% sure this is the bolt: https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-ford-c-max-console-6-x-20-bolt-w500214s437/?c=Zz1lbWlzc2lvbi1zeXN0ZW0mcz1lbWlzc2lvbi1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9TVgxMTAzMDUmcj0xMyZhPWZvcmQmbz1mb2N1cyZ5PTIwMTcmdD1ycyZlPTItM2wtbDQtZ2Fz. The bolt is 25mm long, but the threads are only 20mm (per the description). I don't know if that intake has a grommet or spacer in it. If so, you might want a shorter bolt.

I've been looking for a replacement for the rubber grommet as mine is torn but I can't seem to find one on Tasca (want to sell me yours?).

You're probably better off getting something shorter from the hardware store after you helicoil the bolt hole. The aluminum there is super soft, I barely pulled the trigger of my drill and the hole was already drilled out if you're going to go the helicoil route. The part that you're drilling into is the cam retainer, so you can't really take it off the car to put it in a drill press like you should be doing and don't drill too deep.
@phillofoc, you were very close. That bolt is actually W500215-S309 avaiable at Tasca for $2.81. As for the grommet, I'm afraid it is not released as an end item. The only way to buy from Ford is to the buy the whole air inlet assembly G1FZ-9C623-A ($120.90 at Tasca). Don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
@phillofoc, you were very close. That bolt is actually W500215-S309 avaiable at Tasca for $2.81. As for the grommet, I'm afraid it is not released as an end item. The only way to buy from Ford is to the buy the whole air inlet assembly G1FZ-9C623-A ($120.90 at Tasca). Don't shoot the messenger.
Thanks for following up. I've tried to find a substitute online but may just have to go to Fastenal or somewhere similar and cobble something together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, just signed for my 2016 RS. My first intention is to get it to a Ford dealer to have them give it a once over...any common issues I should specify to look for? I've already confirmed that there are no open recalls on it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Several days ago, in forums, I found a reprint of the Ford RS introductory training manual someone offered, which could be opened in iBooks. I told an ST owner about it. He was wondering if there was one for the ST? I told him it was for a “new model intro”, so who knows..... Does anyone know, where one might look?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys, just signed for my 2016 RS. My first intention is to get it to a Ford dealer to have them give it a once over...any common issues I should specify to look for? I've already confirmed that there are no open recalls on it. Thanks.
Gasket, oil leak (very common after gasket recalls), timing cover leaks, etc.
Drive it for about a week, hard and soft, then check for leaks. If there is, prepare for a long journey

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I hate navigating this new website. Can someone point me in the direction of a thread about what to expect when building an FBO motor? Power specs etc for a stock block/turbo

·
Registered
25 Posts
You mean like head warping/replacement?
Pretty much everything after HG recalls if they were done improperly. There's a couple of good topics in the troubleshooting thread.
My car is sadly one of those unlucky ones. Checked for almost everything listed in that thread.... 3x in the shop for leaks. It now needs a new long block cuz of rod knock after the third attempt to fix oil leak. Good thing is that it's still under warranty! 9K body and apparently guaranteed brand new 2018 ver. engine. Hopefully that fixes everything.

741 - 749 of 749 Posts