Ford Focus RS Forum banner
2321 - 2340 of 2386 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
My question, I have the mishimoto intake, and have used the cleaner a few times and anyway I think it’s just time for a new filter. Question is, do I have to use a mishimoto filter or will any other do just fine? Seems like there’s is based off the K&N filter. Also any recommendations? Was thinking of getting the green filter.
I use a KnN filter never had an issue

· Registered
1,954 Posts
What grease is recommended for the Bushings for Swaybars ? ( i currently have Whiteline F/R kit )

· Registered
3,679 Posts
What grease is recommended for the Bushings for Swaybars ? ( i currently have Whiteline F/R kit )
The whitelines supposedly do not require any grease, but I had a tube of white lithium grease around the garage so I just put a thin layer of that on it. Hasn't given me any issues.

· Registered
1,954 Posts
i thought the same thing, but mine started squeeking a couple months after installing, so i emailed whiteline and they said they have not developed a set of greaseless bushing specifically for the Focus RS, and just said to use Molybdenum, so i was wondering if there was a specific brand that was better then another

The whitelines supposedly do not require any grease, but I had a tube of white lithium grease around the garage so I just put a thin layer of that on it. Hasn't given me any issues.

· Premium Member
1,716 Posts
i thought the same thing, but mine started squeeking a couple months after installing, so i emailed whiteline and they said they have not developed a set of greaseless bushing specifically for the Focus RS, and just said to use Molybdenum, so i was wondering if there was a specific brand that was better then another
i'm being told by long time STI gear-heads...that the grease will always wear out. you need to disassemble the bushings ..apply new grease every year (at least).
good news = only takes 20 mins

· Registered
244 Posts
Whiteline have a product called “Ezy grease” which they sell in Australia on their website:
I imagine you’d be able to find a supplier in the US close to you. I found this seller in California using google:

· Registered
1,954 Posts
thank you, searched it and also Vivid and MAPerformance also sell it

Whiteline have a product called “Ezy grease” which they sell in Australia on their website:
I imagine you’d be able to find a supplier in the US close to you. I found this seller in California using google:

· Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Question that's been beaten a thousand times, but I'm starting with a fresh engine. Would WMI injection in the charge pipe be enough to keep valves clean, or should I stick to the port fuel rail? Buildup stopped, and cleared up a bit, in my valves but I don't know if it was due to the WMI or AUX.

· Registered
3,679 Posts
Do I need an oil cooler to do 4 seasons at a track day flat out ? Or a radiator ? Or both? Have a new built motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of the local track guys with oil coolers all ended up with hotter temps (coolant) due to them blocking the radiator. I'd skip it and just upgrade the radiator.

· Registered
1,543 Posts
Thank you guys. Mountune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if there are other Radiators for our cars, but the mountune one is very very well built. I was really impressed when I pulled it out of the box. It's too bad it's almost completely hidden once installed. I have that and the mishimoto oil cooler (Got it new for ~380$ and couldn't pass that up), but have not been lucky enough to get the car on a track.

Reactions: SUBAFST

· Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't know if there are other Radiators for our cars, but the mountune one is very very well built. I was really impressed when I pulled it out of the box. It's too bad it's almost completely hidden once installed. I have that and the mishimoto oil cooler (Got it new for ~380$ and couldn't pass that up), but have not been lucky enough to get the car on a track.
The only other one I know of is the Pro Alloy one. Focus RS MK3 Radiator - Pro Alloy The interesting bit of their product description is this bit:

Our connections with the Ford design team and engineers confirmed that the cooling performance of the standard set-up was actually pretty effective with the standard cars running close to thermostat opening point even under full load. They did however highlight that flow rates around the system are critical, and a reduction in flow through the radiator could affect water flow down to the Power Transfer Unit (PTU) which could cause reliability issues. This therefore ruled out building a multi pass radiator as this could cause too greater flow restriction and potentially create issues with the cooling of the PTU.
Could be all a marketing strat to crap on the competition's triple pass but interesting, nonetheless.

· Registered
176 Posts
I changed the rear brakes, and now it feels like I put air in the system. I had to pretty much back the piston all the way out in order to depress it on both sides when changing the brakes. Now when I start the car the pedal will go to the floor no resistance then the second pump will be back to normal. Also does the same during driving. It will however stop without pumping in an emergency ABS trigger stop no problem, like normal operation.

Anyways I need to bleed the brakes so I will buy an Motiv pressure bleeder

· Registered
2,060 Posts
I changed the rear brakes, and now it feels like I put air in the system. I had to pretty much back the piston all the way out in order to depress it on both sides when changing the brakes. Now when I start the car the pedal will go to the floor no resistance then the second pump will be back to normal. Also does the same during driving. It will however stop without pumping in an emergency ABS trigger stop no problem, like normal operation.

Anyways I need to bleed the brakes so I will buy an Motiv pressure bleeder
Don't forget you need to move the parking brake handle. Maybe there's a bubble stuck in there somewhere.

Just put the Damond rear bushings and stainless lines on the car. Noticable improvement for sure. As you mentioned, the Motive was a huge help in bleeding the brakes but FORScan has options on bleeding the specific corner of the car too.

2321 - 2340 of 2386 Posts