Ford Focus RS Forum banner
2201 - 2220 of 2223 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
652 Posts
You mean posts?

Yeah, i guess they joined yrs ago and just reading but not interacting.

Then yrs gone by and time to unload. They needed to get their post count up to be able to post on the for sale section.
That thought crossed my mind especially when I was looking at rims for sale.

I wasn’t sure if I should have said post, but post. I sometimes don’t know the correct terminology.

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
I just installed the DSC Controller.

Does it need a "learning period" (like when you power drain the RS for the emission read).

I noticed that I need to press the drive mode twice for the option to come up, It does allow me to change once its up. Never had that experience before.

Also I changed the suspension to sport mode (by selecting in on the steering wheel stalk) and it gave me the orange book "i":

Car Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Tachometer

It went away after 5 seconds or so.

Anything I need to worry about?

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
I just installed the DSC Controller.

Does it need a "learning period" (like when you power drain the RS for the emission read).

I noticed that I need to press the drive mode twice for the option to come up, It does allow me to change once its up. Never had that experience before.

Also I changed the suspension to sport mode (by selecting in on the steering wheel stalk) and it gave me the orange book "i":

View attachment 360571

It went away after 5 seconds or so.

Anything I need to worry about?
your speedometer and rpm lights are white. mine are blue.
guess that's a LE thing?

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
your speedometer and rpm lights are white. mine are blue.
guess that's a LE thing?

It was just a reference pic from the Google, not my own as the yellow light came and gone while I was driving.

• Haha
Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
968 Posts
I've searched and searched and couldn't find it, so I decided to still post here so I'm "protected" :D

I'm looking for the RDU fluid monitoring reset procedure. Plenty of RDU discussions, and some about the fluid, but I wasn't able to find it anything about how to reset the fluid life monitor. I didn't see it in the workshop manual either.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I've searched and searched and couldn't find it, so I decided to still post here so I'm "protected" :D

I'm looking for the RDU fluid monitoring reset procedure. Plenty of RDU discussions, and some about the fluid, but I wasn't able to find it anything about how to reset the fluid life monitor. I didn't see it in the workshop manual either.
I found it under "Rear Drive Unit (RDU) Oil Life Monitor Reset" in section 308-07A of the shop manual. Worth a try.

Font Number Screenshot Document

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
968 Posts
For anyone that has replaced a front axle, did you use the "seal protector" tool? In the workshop manual it says to use part "97ZT-7M181-A", but I can't find that part anywhere. It seems that it would be a Rotunda part, but the workshop manual doesn't specify the alternate part number for the tool that Rotunda uses.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I thought having to remove the airbox to get a new battery in for the RS was a pain until the local battery shop showed me this. Apparently the battery for a Porsche Cayenne is under the front passenger seat? Anyone come across a car with a worse battery location?

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Grey

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
968 Posts
Wow, that's pretty bad.

The Dodge Intrepid had the battery in the passenger wheel well. You had to crank the wheels (or remove the passenger one), remove a panel in the wheel well liner, and remove the battery. Having to deal with that before, I've never really complained about the RS location.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow, that's pretty bad.

The Dodge Intrepid had the battery in the passenger wheel well. You had to crank the wheels (or remove the passenger one), remove a panel in the wheel well liner, and remove the battery. Having to deal with that before, I've never really complained about the RS location.
I had a look at the battery install for the Dodge Intrepid on YouTube. That’s just insane. Makes the Porsche battery replacement under the front passenger seat look easy by comparison.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I would think the battery under the seat would be very dangerous. The battery could explode, catch fire and not to mention an electrical current under the passenger just to mention a few things I can think of.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I would think the battery under the seat would be very dangerous. The battery could explode, catch fire and not to mention an electrical current under the passenger just to mention a few things I can think of.
The battery on a classic VW bug sits directly underneath the rear bench. If you have a heavy enough load in the back seat while driving on a bumpy road, the seat springs can deflect enough to come into contact with the battery terminals, short-out and start a fire.

Ask me how I know...

·
Registered
652 Posts
The battery on a classic VW bug sits directly underneath the rear bench. If you have a heavy enough load in the back seat while driving on a bumpy road, the seat springs can deflect enough to come into contact with the battery terminals, short-out and start a fire.

Ask me how I know...
WOW I didn’t know that.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Is there a limitation with the Cobb Stage 0 where it will not get below -.75

was driving all day today ( about 155 miles, 3hr 43 min total in about 2 trips ) and the OAR hasn't budged from -.75, put in another Fuel station and Brand in then drove home about 20 miles and still -.75

during the trip this morning about 65m / 1hr 30 min i was off and on high throttle and rpm, and nothing. I'm starting to wonder if there is a hard limit for the Cobb Stage 0

2201 - 2220 of 2223 Posts