Ford Focus RS Forum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2223 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
I bought my 2016 Focus RS in Canada back in 2017. My question is this…… it was built in Germany but it’s still USDM? Correct?
For the Canadian market It's more of CADM or NADM.

Even though they are made in Germany, there is variances on their Make (seats, mirror, gauges, etc.) to their final country of sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the Canadian market It's more of CADM or NADM.

Even though they are made in Germany, there is variances on their Make (seats, mirror, gauges, etc.) to their final country of sale.
Canada and Mexico fall under the USDM. You have one? Did you get your tuned? I’m trying to choose a tuner and USDM, EDM are options.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Canada and Mexico fall under the USDM. You have one? Did you get your tuned? I’m trying to choose a tuner and USDM, EDM are options.
I have one.

If I'm getting mine tune after all the bits installed, i would go with deez guy:

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
971 Posts
I know Statified is in Vancouver. If you're near there, then I think he does dyno tunes. Otherwise you're open to a bunch of datalog tuners.... and there are lots of threads about them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one.

If I'm getting mine tune after all the bits installed, i would go with deez guy:

In
I know Statified is in Vancouver. If you're near there, then I think he does dyno tunes. Otherwise you're open to a bunch of datalog tuners.... and there are lots of threads about them.
thansk I’ll look for them. Appreciate your response

·
Registered
650 Posts
Anyone know off top the size of the rear caliper mounting bracket bolts? I remember reading somewhere they're a really terrible, pointed cap head bolt and I want to replace em today when I do the rotors but can't check size without starting the whole thing. I recall m10x1.5 but don't know the length...

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,582 Posts
Hey folks…..Looking for tires.. just need some input…
rims 18x9 38 offset…
I’m lowered on whiteline springs.. rear camber- toes/arms… springs lower car very close to 1” front/rear..
id like a nice wide tire with a good side wall…
id like to keep the fender area as “full“ as possible, without worrying about rub.. it’s a daily…
From what ive gathered…I’m looking at either 255/35/r18, or 245/40/r18…
would this be good? Could I get more of a tire in there??

Thanks for any input…
If you're looking to fill up the fender area, I'd recommend a 245/40 over a 255/35. If you look at the "Will They Fit" website, the sidewall on the 255s is smaller than the 245s.

My TEs have the same specs are your wheels. Here are the 245/40s (what I use as my daily set):
Wheel Tire Sky Window Car

And here are the 255/35s (my autocross set):
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Cloud

A little hard to see, but the fender gap is more noticeable on my autocross tires. Also, at the time I was running -1.7 camber all around, and the 245/40s cleared 100%. The 255/35s just barely rubbed on the rear. I guess I wouldn't even call it rubbing, as it was just enough to leave the tiniest amount of rubber residue on the inside of the rear fender lip. I'm sure I can find better pictures if you would like. Just let me know.

Reactions: MbbRS

·
Registered
943 Posts
Why do people post for sale ads without their forum name in the picture? Wrong answers only.

Also why do people post for sale ads with prices at or above retail and ask for PayPal fees and shipping? Wrong answers only.

I wonder how many people know PayPal will kick you off their platform for selling and requiring customers to pay the fee a.k.a. a surcharge.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Why do people post for sale ads without their forum name in the picture? Wrong answers only.

Also why do people post for sale ads with prices at or above retail and ask for PayPal fees and shipping? Wrong answers only.

I wonder how many people know PayPal will kick you off their platform for selling and requiring customers to pay the fee a.k.a. a surcharge.
I remember selling a collection of parts from my ST. I had a guy immediately ask to chat over phone. We went over all the parts and had a bit of a chat and he says "You know, I'll make you a deal and buy it all for $50 if you ship it out right now." I told him that wouldn't even cover half of the shipping and his response was "Yeah but you'd make up the rest of the money in time saved!".

Craigslist level of deal right there...

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts

The same reason people ignore the rules of the road.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
Has anybody seen the tv ad, where the couple watches there vehicle self park between two vintage pickups?
I don’t know how it is where you live, but around here, that stunt would get a fist parked between your eyes.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Has anybody seen the tv ad, where the couple watches there vehicle self park between two vintage pickups?
I don’t know how it is where you live, but around here, that stunt would get a fist parked between your eyes.
Was it this one? 😂

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
Was it this one? 😂

This ad is great!
The one I’ve seen has been on you tube filler ads.
An attractive couple pulls into a parking lot, the only space available is tight between two ‘60s/‘70s pickup trucks. They stand there while there SUV threads the needle between these trucks.
The best part is, an equally attractive couple walking away from one of the trucks, pause and glance back equally amazed and enviously at this squeeze play.
Mmmm, probably not.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Has anyone noticed that we have members who have been on the website for awhile that have under 10 replied, just started replying lately?

You mean posts?

Yeah, i guess they joined yrs ago and just reading but not interacting.

Then yrs gone by and time to unload. They needed to get their post count up to be able to post on the for sale section.

• Haha
Reactions: big jim
2181 - 2200 of 2223 Posts