Ford Focus RS Forum banner
2041 - 2045 of 2045 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
View attachment 357475
I just added the cobb short shifter conversion and I want a heavyweight shift knob that is tall and cylindrical but compatible with the reverse spring. I ordered a knob that looks how I want and has the correct threads but it doesn't have a recessed area and therefore doesn't look like it should. Does anyone have a shift knob like this but meant for the RS? Or know where I can find one? Do I just have to machine my own?
Quick Google I found these:

There are others I saw

·
Registered
594 Posts
Do you think it's worth the extra $ to go with this version of the kit?

Delux Model Tire Plugger

Multi tool = good. Understanding your question is targeting flat tires....
I take it a step further with a package of large zip ties, indispensable gorilla tape and tube of epoxy steel or equivalent. A crescent wrench, or at least pliers isn’t a bad idea either.
Speaking of flat...
I carry a “Stop & Go” tire repair (sold for the motorcycle market)
This repair has lasted two summers with 0 leakage. Testament, that these type of repair devices work! However, I wouldn’t recommend a 140 mph jaunt down the autobahn.
View attachment 354757 View attachment 354758 View attachment 354759 View attachment 354760 View attachment 354761 View attachment 354762 View attachment 354763 View attachment 354763 View attachment 354765 View attachment 354765 View attachment 354766

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Do you think it's worth the extra $ to go with this version of the kit?

Delux Model Tire Plugger
I have the small one as it was on a bike. I’m sure the gun style works good, because you don’t have to reconfigure the main tool for each step. If space isn’t a concern…the bigger the better.
I‘ve been running one of these plugs 2 summers about 1800 - 2000 mi. Not smart, but it proves they work pretty well.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
4 Posts
This is probably stupid but I have a question for the people who have installed the Mountune breather plate. Even with the O-ring on the blue fitting that gets clamped down (I dont know what to call it, im horrible at discribing/explaining things, sorry), it is still able to move up and down. Is it supposed to be tight tight with no movement at all? Im chasing an occasional P0171 code (Ive replaced the fuel pressure sensor and 02 sensor) and im curious if the "loose" fitting could be the issue. Once the car is warmed up and I press the clutch in the RPMs will drop rather low before leveling back off to its normal idle. AFR will drop and has dropped to 11-10. Im curious if I should switch to the Radium baffle plate to see if that fixes the issue or if I need to search elsewhere. Downpipe gasket is the next thing im going to replace to see if that helps. I'm FBO E30 tuned if that matters

2041 - 2045 of 2045 Posts