Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ut161exterior1.jpg

Just want to get the word out about lodging for RSAA which is just 10 miles from the Utah Motorsports Campus.

The official Hotel of RS Adrenaline Academy is the Comfort Inn & Suites located at: 8580 North Highway 36, Tooele, UT, 84074

Special Rates for Racers and Drivers: All Room Types: $99.00/per night + tax – Use Code: LLGRS

Here's the link to lock down your stay: Lodging

·
Registered
258 Posts
Code isn't working for me, anyone else having trouble?

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just FYI guys I stayed in SLC about a week ago and that is pretty spendy for a comfort Inn. I stayed at the Hyatt Place for like 80 bucks. Unless they're including a shuttle or something in that price?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks @Hoonigan ! That got me the $99/ night rate.

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just FYI guys I stayed in SLC about a week ago and that is pretty spendy for a comfort Inn. I stayed at the Hyatt Place for like 80 bucks. Unless they're including a shuttle or something in that price?
@Boostd did you stay at the Hyatt Place by SLC Airport?

Just checked their site for that time period for @stinkpiqle session dates. It's sold out and twice the distance to FRS.

Tourist season in full swing by then for $199 for a standard room not King bed.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
@Boostd did you stay at the Hyatt Place by SLC Airport?

Just checked their site for that time period for @stinkpiqle session dates. It's sold out and twice the distance to FRS.

Tourist season in full swing by then for $199 for a standard room not King bed.
You're probably right, I didn't think about the time of year.

EDIT: just checked priceline, the Hyatt Place is $93 for my dates (May 6-7).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Got rooms booked for September already, better safe than sorry! Any idea how close the comfort inn is from the track? I will be driving the RS down so transport isnt a worry, just curious.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Any idea how close the comfort inn is from the track?
I believe google had it at about a 13 minute drive from Comfort Inn to FPRS, roughly North-Northeast of the track when I was checking all the various logistics the day RSAA opened for register. Like @Boostd, I was finding cheaper rates elsewhere, even within Tooele.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Air B&B for me........

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looking at the options to eat in Tooele is pretty weak. Due to the session being in the middle of the week we are going to be the area from Sunday/Monday and thinking of staying in SLC to have more options of things to do. We are riding out Harley down from Alberta so have transportation to get around, really only need to go to Tooele for the Tuesday dinner then Wed for the track day. Thoughts??

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
What I learned at the Oct 14/15 RSAA

I just returned from the October 14/15 RSAA and it was a blast. Here is what I learned:

1. It's pronounced "Two - Ella"
2. Drifting is fun as hell but not near as easy as it looks
3. You need to have patience to enter a turn slow so you can exit fast
4. Patience is a virtue that I lack but I'm working on it
5. Side-stepping the clutch for launching is the designed approach and despite what your head tells you is better than just quickly letting it out
6. The RS is a track weapon that makes up for my lack of track time and makes me much faster AND safer than I should be
7. Despite how good I think I am, the instructors are in another league
8. Salt Lake City is a strange town. There is a Ferrari dealership and Porsche dealership downtown with some extreme exotics (Laferrari, GT2 RS) and millions of dollars of vehicles nestled next to run down tattoo shops and a super old looking church. It just boggles my mind.
9. Raptors are bad-ass toys but more toy than truck
10. GT350 mustangs sing when they are being rung out on the straights

Absolutely a great experience and I was stoked that I took my car-nut brother. He got a ride along on the track with the instructors and was able to ride with me during the drifting and autocross. Ford stepped up and embraced the whole 'use your performance car as it was intended' and I was impressed.

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to see some life in this thread. I’ve been wondering if members are still attending this opportunity since it appears that not many are reporting of late. If you’re able to attend, do not miss this opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
Good to see some life in this thread. I’ve been wondering if members are still attending this opportunity since it appears that not many are reporting of late. If you’re able to attend, do not miss this opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly... it was easily one of my most fun filled days in years. It'd be silly to pass up this opportunity.

·
Registered
444 Posts
How long after purchasing an RS will one receive the invite for the RS academy? It's been 5 weeks since purchasing my 18' RS and haven't heard anything...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts