Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a wheel ( shifter comes in tuesday ) and decided to get Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 3 to play in VR ( Samsung Oddessy + ).

downloaded an RS for Assetto, anybody else play to have a casual race ?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I7-6700K
16GB DDR4 @ 4000
GTX 980
Samsung 850 1TB SSD w/ 2TB Platter as Long Term Storage

Peripherals are
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS ( throttle died couple says ago it seems, but I don't play Elite Dangerous much despite loving the game, replacing the throttle is back burner )
Logitech G920 w/ Shifter ( delivered tomorrow ), which I am 50/50 on, seems the Force Feedback is borderline non existent on PC, or to much trouble to get working )
Samsung Odyssey +

the frames in VR are decent, I don't get stuttering, but I doubt the Odyssey+ is running at full Res, I want to get a new card, but I refuse to play the insane Nvidia prices, I have been debating on going back to ATI but because I had so many problems with ATI drivers years and years ago I don't really want to deal with it ATI again

·
Registered
268 Posts
Do you mean project cars 2?

I primarily play pc2 cause I dont have any of the dlc's for AC and the standard AC multiplayer is pretty stale. Only monza and spa races get pretty boring. Also got to figure out why my wheel hasnt been working in AC.

I'll probably get competizione once it fully releases.

I have the thrustmaster t300 rs gt wheel/pedals and the th8a shifter.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think its Project Cars 3, might be 2

It and and Assetto Corsa+all DLC were 40% off over the weekend

Do you mean project cars 2?

I primarily play pc2 cause I dont have any of the dlc's for AC and the standard AC multiplayer is pretty stale. Only monza and spa races get pretty boring. Also got to figure out why my wheel hasnt been working in AC.

I'll probably get competizione once it fully releases.

I have the thrustmaster t300 rs gt wheel/pedals and the th8a shifter.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Need a new PC before I get back into sims. iRacing was my go-to though.
Its still the most realistic in terms of comparison against real life physics.

PC2 and AC are prettier though.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have a Fanatec wheel for AC and PC2 but I play them on Xbox. My computer is old and I can’t buy a new gaming rig right now...

I have a friend who has the whole setup - iracing, VR, even a custom motion rig sitting on 4 servos. I love going to his place to race. It is amazing how much the VR and motion add to the immersion, even if the motion is limited and the VR resolution is low.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Its still the most realistic in terms of comparison against real life physics.

PC2 and AC are prettier though.
I think it depends honestly. If I want to slide cars around with realistic feedback I usually do it in AC. The tire model's come a long way in iRacing, but still has some areas it can improve on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
R3d Baron
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing