Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, it is honestly very frustrating coming on the forums to see such nonsense and lies spewed by other dealers. I for one am not the pushy lying sales guy that you have in your mind. I'm a normal 20 something guy that goes to work just like you but I help people find a car- and also happen to be a car enthusiast, particularly a performance enthusiast. I currently own a 2014 ST3 fully bolted and custom tuned with right about 290 WHP.
Enough about me I'm getting off topic; the point of this thread is to clear the air with all the nonsense coming from the dealers in the country. If you've ever wanted a real answer, I will give you one. Or if you think your dealer is BS'ing you, just ask me.

ASK AWAY! ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
GreatWhiteBuffalo
Do you know if 12th only open for order allocation, or dealer can order retail order (or customer order, not should what calls) per customer request as well?
If not is there a second date for that?
Will it also be a first come first serve ordering system? because I have 1 dealer told me he will order mine on 13th, 1 said on 16th.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
ASK AWAY! ;)
Thanks!

I placed two $3000 deposits (one for each car) at a dealer in CA. I do have an email stating that these cars are allocated, that I will get the first 2 unless "a base model comes in first", that the GSM and Inventory Mgr. are all in sync on this , an agreed upon price and a promise to keep me in the loop on the 12th regarding the orders.

What else should I be looking for, please? It's a multi-hour drive for me but if I need to go there to get something signed or more concrete I will do so, I have asked for screen shots or soft copy of the orders as they are confirmed.

Also, when an order is accepted, is an ETA for car quoted at that time, or does it come later? Ordering 2 cars, one SG and one NB, what is the likelihood that they would arrive together?

I'm sure I will think of more :) That'll teach you to offer up info for an info-hungry crowd!

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I placed two $3000 deposits (one for each car) at a dealer in CA. I do have an email stating that these cars are allocated, that I will get the first 2 unless "a base model comes in first", that the GSM and Inventory Mgr. are all in sync on this , an agreed upon price and a promise to keep me in the loop on the 12th regarding the orders.

What else should I be looking for, please? It's a multi-hour drive for me but if I need to go there to get something signed or more concrete I will do so, I have asked for screen shots or soft copy of the orders as they are confirmed.

Also, when an order is accepted, is an ETA for car quoted at that time, or does it come later? Ordering 2 cars, one SG and one NB, what is the likelihood that they would arrive together?

I'm sure I will think of more :) That'll teach you to offer up info for an info-hungry crowd!

Regards,

Jim
Hey Jim! There should be no reason that you can't order your car exactly like you want if they have allocation. On the 12th order banks will open about 12am and orders can be placed. The dealer will receive a notification once the order is pulled from the basket and at that time you will know your car is being built. A little while longer a VIN will be assigned then will be "in transit" for awhile seeing as they're coming from Germany. As long as they have allocation and you get an order confirmation on the 12th with your cars breakdown you're good. ETA is "spring" lol; Ford isn't very good about passing info down. Likelihood of arriving together should be pretty good if they're pulled from the basket at the same time.

Welcome to the RS family,

Austin

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GreatWhiteBuffalo
Do you know if 12th only open for order allocation, or dealer can order retail order (or customer order, not should what calls) per customer request as well?
If not is there a second date for that?
Will it also be a first come first serve ordering system? because I have 1 dealer told me he will order mine on 13th, 1 said on 16th.
Thank you
12th is all orders, allocated and retail orders. They need to get their dates right. Not really sure how orders are chosen. I'm sure there is some order that the plant uses but I don't have that knowledge.

Best,
Austin

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Austin,

I'm going to the dealer on the 12th to do the order, however they told me they don't know their allocation number yet but nobody else has put a deposit yet on the RS. If they don't get an allocation (not all dealers will get one allocated for sure?) will the order become a retail order? I'm assuming those retail orders will be built after the allocated ones.

Ed

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Austin,

I'm going to the dealer on the 12th to do the order, however they told me they don't know their allocation number yet but nobody else has put a deposit yet on the RS. If they don't get an allocation (not all dealers will get one allocated for sure?) will the order become a retail order? I'm assuming those retail orders will be built after the allocated ones.

Ed
Hey Ed, First off your dealer can call his regional rep to find allocation. Not all dealers will earn allocation, and then yes they can retail order then. If no allocation Ford has said they will try to fulfill all retail orders. If not this model year then next. Yes, allocation takes priority to retail orders.

Best,
Austin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Austin, is allocation/retail a simple drop-down selection on the order form? will it state on the initial order confirmation whether it was placed as allocation/retail? Do you have an example you could post of an allocated order? Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Austin, is allocation/retail a simple drop-down selection on the order form? will it state on the initial order confirmation whether it was placed as allocation/retail? Do you have an example you could post of an allocated order? Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
To be completely honest, I don't know. I can find out tomorrow when I get back into work,

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have two for you,
I started a separate thread asking for photos and more details on the OEM winter wheel & tire package offered for the RS. Any info or pictures you have would be great.
Do you know definitively if the 18" ST wheels will clear the brakes and fit on the RS? I don't want to sell my ST winters if they will fit the RS.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have two for you,
I started a separate thread asking for photos and more details on the OEM winter wheel & tire package offered for the RS. Any info or pictures you have would be great.
Do you know definitively if the 18" ST wheels will clear the brakes and fit on the RS? I don't want to sell my ST winters if they will fit the RS.
I will contribute all my knowledge lol. I do not know the answer to your second question, only reason I would say no would be the Brembo calipers but I don't think they're that much bigger.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I called TR today to order snow set for my E and asked about the RS. They will not even know specifics until they can get an RS in to digitally scan it and verify :( gonna be a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe from the order guide that the winter tires and wheels are rs unique. Order guide reads as " 18" unique-RS sparkle silver alloy wheels, 18" michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires" So I would say they are unique to the RS. I haven't been able to look up parts yet for the RS in the parts catalog but when the newest update comes through I will see if they fit anything else.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm looking at placing an order for an RS in about 10-12 months. Will there still be availability around August 2016?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts