Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This will be year 5 as a DD for me. Americans keep their cars on average 7yrs so won’t be long term for a bit.

I wasn’t modding mine because I kept considering trading it for a new car but other financial goals mean I’ll keep it for a while so been doing the basic things.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I'm probably jinxing myself with this, but oh well.

I've owned something like 35-40 cars in my life, & the only one that I regret selling was the '66 Mustang 289 that was totally stock. Totally different car from the RS, but both evoke an emotion in me that very few cars manage to reach. I'd be very sad if I have to sell RS, & right now that would be the only reason - if I had to.

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
I'm probably jinxing myself with this, but oh well.

I've owned something like 35-40 cars in my life, & the only one that I regret selling was the '66 Mustang 289 that was totally stock. Totally different car from the RS, but both evoke an emotion in me that very few cars manage to reach. I'd be very sad if I have to sell RS, & right now that would be the only reason - if I had to.
Wow!

Is that a car a year since you were born?!

·
Registered
189 Posts
The RS is a unique car; we love ours and are planning to keep it as long as possible. It's been my daily for 4 yrs but that life takes its toll, especially in the winter (salt.) So, we've been looking to add a vehicle for daily duties and here's where were pointed right now... Rivian R1T. We'll see what happens with their progress but so far they've been moving the right way. Reservation made but not on the hook for anything until deliveries start in June this year.

Electric, quad motors, 0-60 in 3.0s, 300+ miles of range, towing up to 11,000 lbs, 14" ground clearance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The RS is a unique car; we love ours and are planning to keep it as long as possible. It's been my daily for 4 yrs but that life takes its toll, especially in the winter (salt.) So, we've been looking to add a vehicle for daily duties and here's where were pointed right now... Rivian R1T. We'll see what happens with their progress but so far they've been moving the right way. Reservation made but not on the hook for anything until deliveries start in June this year.

Electric, quad motors, 0-60 in 3.0s, 300+ miles of range, towing up to 11,000 lbs, 14" ground clearance.
View attachment 348442
I've been watching Rivian aswell the last few years and am intrigued.

I was thinking of swapping my 2017 F150 out for a Bronco in 2022, but lost interest in it after the initial launch.

Rivian however has always been there at the back of my mind but i'm also waiting to see what Fords new electric F150 is all about...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Purchased my 2017 Focus RS for 35k new and got the extended 8yr warranty because I plan to keep RS for long time. Long term I think RS will become a classic with new strict emission standards and move to EV. One of my biggest regrets was selling my 2003 Evo 8 and this car has same fun factor I felt in my Evo.

Anyone else planning to keep RS long term (10+ years)?
Forever car. Traded my 2000 F-150 (Harley edition) in on it. Mods are complete. Long term warranty and keeping my eye on back-up motor as the crashed ones get picked apart. JCG

·
Registered
475 Posts
I definitely plan on keeping mine. Mine turns 4 this month.

I don’t see anything even remotely interesting on the market STILL since I bought it.
It still checks all the boxes.

Reactions: Slurve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Purchased my 2017 Focus RS for 35k new and got the extended 8yr warranty because I plan to keep RS for long time. Long term I think RS will become a classic with new strict emission standards and move to EV. One of my biggest regrets was selling my 2003 Evo 8 and this car has same fun factor I felt in my Evo.

Anyone else planning to keep RS long term (10+ years)?
Yep, right there with you.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, and good to see most of those yes responses. We do see a lot of "parting out", "back to stock" and "sold the RS" stories in the Parts For Sale section. Anyone who's into a manual trans and AWD should stay put. They won't be coming back, ever......So it's my RS and eventually a GT4 in the future and I AM GOOD!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely keeping this one, but might need a Bronco to help keep miles off the RS. :cool: 2017 Black RS2 bought new 2018May7, 31k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Definitely keeping long term. It’s checks all the boxes and, as others have stated, I think it will be a future classic.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
96 Posts
I still have my 2000 SVT Contour.... I'd imagine I'll be holding on to this RS for a long time. I guess I'm car clingy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was planning on keeping it long term, but then the itch crept up and the eyes start to wander. Almost every car I say I'm going to keep it long term, but then after 3-4 years, I look for something new. It's a disease.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts