21 - 40 of 80 Posts

Registered
Exactly
2021 GOALS:

2900lbs
600whhp

getting closer every week

Wait I think you accidentally added a 0 to the weight. 馃槈

I never really cared for road cars, never cared about classics, and I never liked owning things. This thing is as about as good (for me) as a one car garage gets. Gets me everywhere I'd want to go and still fun for the places I don't, and holds everything I need in the back. Imperfect enough that I have something to turn a wrench on.

I'm not a fan of disposable things, I don't like that the way Americans consume cars is what keeps a lot of them in perpetual debt. Eventually if (when) I get married chances are my wife won't be a petrol head so she'll have an EV and I can drive that to places I really don't want to go to.

@BigFatFlip Always remember: you chose this. LoL. But yeah, EV is the future (and rightly so) so it's gone be real easy to get an electric swap once all the big auto firms start producing en masse.

Premium Member
I plan on keeping mine. I've kept my first car so far for 22 years. I still have my 84 Civic too. I do plan to get something else as the car ages. But short of a wreck taking the car from me I plan to keep it. Like I keep saying, I have one more planned vehicle buy, an electric truck.

Registered
I want to say yes, but feel a gt350 or equivalent is in my future.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Definitely plan on keeping it especially with manual transmissions going extinct. It's a fun, engaging car for me and I have kept far lesser cars 10+ years, so this shouldn't be a problem =)

Registered
10 years is pretty typical for me; however, I don't think anything else that interesting (and in my tax bracket) is going to ever come out now that is in the same ball park. It's not a great car, to be honest, but I just don't anything else coming out that would interest me. Possibilities would be: miata coupe that i actually FIT into or a BRZ/FRS with 300 hp? I liked the Mini Cooper I had, but would prefer RWD over FWD, but it was a pretty nifty city car.

So, I won't be surprised if I own this one longer. In 10 years, it'll probably have a whopping 20k miles on it at most.

Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
I can see myself keeping this forever. It's essentially no miles until my ST lease runs out, but even then I'll do maybe 150 miles a month tops.

In the next 10 years people will stop owning cars if autonomous vehicles keep going at the pace they are now. You'll just pay a monthly subscription and hit a button when you need a ride. Why store a car in your garage and pay insurance, or pay for parking? At some point it will be too expensive to insure a car yourself, all the autonomous vehicle service providers will undercut everything. I'll be one of the many old folks shaking my fist and keeping a personal vehicle, so I'm glad it will be the RS.

Registered
My family makes fun of me because I tell them that an RS will end up on Barrett-Jackson or Mecom one day. It won't be mine, but someone's will. I plan to still have mine in the garage then and savor in the feeling of being right.

Registered
10 years is pretty typical for me; however, I don't think anything else that interesting (and in my tax bracket) is going to ever come out now that is in the same ball park. It's not a great car, to be honest, but I just don't anything else coming out that would interest me. Possibilities would be: miata coupe that i actually FIT into or a BRZ/FRS with 300 hp? I liked the Mini Cooper I had, but would prefer RWD over FWD, but it was a pretty nifty city car.

So, I won't be surprised if I own this one longer. In 10 years, it'll probably have a whopping 20k miles on it at most.
I've got the solution for you: EB swapped FRS.

Registered
I can see myself keeping this forever. It's essentially no miles until my ST lease runs out, but even then I'll do maybe 150 miles a month tops.

In the next 10 years people will stop owning cars if autonomous vehicles keep going at the pace they are now. You'll just pay a monthly subscription and hit a button when you need a ride. Why store a car in your garage and pay insurance, or pay for parking? At some point it will be too expensive to insure a car yourself, all the autonomous vehicle service providers will undercut everything. I'll be one of the many old folks shaking my fist and keeping a personal vehicle, so I'm glad it will be the RS.
Ha! Couldn't have said it better myself. I always picture myself like Will Smith in I, Robot. I drive my car, my car doesn't drive me!

Reactions: Slurve and nicklulu

Premium Member
Ha! Couldn't have said it better myself. I always picture myself like Will Smith in I, Robot. I drive my car, my car doesn't drive me!

I am not even OK with this irobot:

Reactions: Slurve and Si2RS

Registered
Nope. I am planning to sell mine next spring. It has been a great car but it is time for someone else to enjoy it.

Registered
I want to say yes, but feel a gt350 or equivalent is in my future.

a GT350 in New England weather?!?!

Registered
a GT350 in New England weather?!?!
My RS is a garage queen anyway so not much of a change. I DD a Fusion Sport

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
The last car I loved this much was my 2003 Evo that I bought new...and I still have that, so yeah, I'll probably keep the RS for a while, lol!
I miss my 2003 Evo8. I concur the RS evokes same love I had for my Evo 8 which is why I am keeping my RS can鈥檛 make mistake again. Turns in the Evo8 and RS are pure joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Absolutely, unless some company comes out with a manual, inline 6, turbo, rwd or awd hatchback......So yeah, never gonna get rid of it. 馃槅

21 - 40 of 80 Posts