Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2017 Focus RS for 35k new and got the extended 8yr warranty because I plan to keep RS for long time. Long term I think RS will become a classic with new strict emission standards and move to EV. One of my biggest regrets was selling my 2003 Evo 8 and this car has same fun factor I felt in my Evo.

Anyone else planning to keep RS long term (10+ years)?

Registered
Buried with me in the will already 馃槇

Registered
Most likely. I've made far too many terrible life choices with this car to financially recover from, right @SenderPiggins ?

Long term? I'll definitely be too broke for any sort of Porsche, so it will be this car and some electric reproduction NA Miata "kit car" you have to build with discarded Model 3 parts. Watch, it will be coming out 10 years from now, calling it now.

Registered
Well, considering I still drive my 2000 Civic Si along with my RS, it's clear I don't have a problem keeping things that I love. I've modded my RS to exactly how I want it, like I did with my Si. I'm ridin' this b*tch til the wheels fall off! Especially now, because who knows when another car like this will come along... Oh, and when the motor finally goes in my Si (still have the stock B16A2 with about 236K on the odometer), I'll probably try and source a JDM B18C5 and keep it rollin'!

Registered
I tend to keep cars for at least 10 years (my Fiesta ST the lone exception - traded it in on the RS).
I love the RS. Makes me smile even when going to the grocery store. Like Si2RS, my Focus is now just the way I like it. I'm in for the long haul.

Premium Member
i can't see myself not owning this car in 10 years (unless it starts pooping the bed major). it's such a practical car and when i finally get that forged motor with stage 3 head...i'm really gonna enjoy giving 911s a run for their $

Registered
SG2016
Yes, I plan to keep it indefinitely. I have couple air-cooled Porsches and will never sell them. Many of my friends sold their air-cooled cars for newer faster Porsches/cars. Now they all want their air cooled cars back.

Life lesson learned: when something is as fun as the RS don't sell it. Seller's remorse is a B....

Registered
i can't see myself not owning this car in 10 years (unless it starts pooping the bed major). it's such a practical car and when i finally get that forged motor with stage 3 head...i'm really gonna enjoy giving 911s a run for their $
Exactly
2021 GOALS:

2900lbs
600whhp

getting closer every week

Registered
Probably not. While the RS is a future classic I don't know if it will fit my needs in that long of a timeframe.

Premium Member
I just paid off my 7 yr auto loan in 2 yrs time.

I was planning to keep my LanEvo X till it got rear ended.

I have an 8yr 125k mile warranty/maintenance/dent removal on mine........ tons of parts sitting in the garage and tons of merch for the RS and the FP line..........

I've been on the long haul for this car since it took me two years to pick one up (from the time I have my X wrecked), yeah its a keeper.

Premium Member
I usually drive cars into the ground...

When I bought my 14 ST brand new, I knew I would be trading up to the RS when it was announced(I hated to let that car go, it was the perfect city speedy car). I initially thought I would have the RS forever, however I have the 5.0 bug really bad. The RS is a great car when it's in the environment it needs to be in. It's a pain to live with in the city, and the entire time I live in the city all I can think about is trading it in for a PP GT Premium.

I did just take a 200 mile trip into the country to look at some property today, and the RS was amazing. It's so fun on the twisties, and got 25mpg while hauling azz at 80+ mph on the interstate. If I can move to the country I'll likely keep it. If I stay in the city, it may go. Hard to tell right now. Depending on my mood it changes from day to day.

Registered
Wow, in 10 years I might hit 15,000 miles on mine. That's a LOT of 200TW tires and autocross victories. I need a bigger trophy cabinet.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts