Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I will have a signed deal before I take delivery. won't really matter what I think about a test drive at that point because I'll own it.
if you can negotiate to spec a car, buy the car and still retain the ability to return the car if you don't like the test drive... that would be one hell of a deal!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I will have a signed deal before I take delivery. won't really matter what I think about a test drive at that point because I'll own it.
if you can negotiate to spec a car, buy the car and still retain the ability to return the car if you don't like the test drive... that would be one hell of a deal!
I found a dealer that said that I could spec a car, they would order it and then upon arrival I could test drive it. If I liked it, we would sign the papers. If not they'd throw it on the lot. However, they also said there would be "at least a $5k mark-up."

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I found a dealer that said that I could spec a car, they would order it and then upon arrival I could test drive it. If I liked it, we would sign the papers. If not they'd throw it on the lot. However, they also said there would be "at least a $5k mark-up."
guess I should have added a caveat about it being a hell of a deal to accomplish those things.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
NOT A CHANCE!!! Diddnt test drive the my 08 STi when I bought it and regret that ever since. Ford should have a short auto X track and let people test drive the RS safely hooning.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yup.... if I can find a dealer who'll sell me a car at MSRP.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I would say no as I never think that is a good idea. Owning an ST already though and seeing how the RS has basically everything I wanted to do to my ST, I may.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
NOT A CHANCE!!! Diddnt test drive the my 08 STi when I bought it and regret that ever since. Ford should have a short auto X track and let people test drive the RS safely hooning.
Not sure if you know this but they did it with the ST. They had a few places around the US where you could go and they had a practice course and then a timed course. It was a lot of fun but like any test drive not long enough to truly gauge all the weak points of the vehicle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I won't be test driving most likely and honestly it kind of concerns me but not too much. It's funny the OP mentions slight turbo lag because that was the last thing on my mind about negatives of the RS.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why is stock price of manufacturer preventing you from buying a car from them?
100$ is not 1$, I do not think that VW is going anywhere.

Krzys

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why is stock price of manufacturer preventing you from buying a car from them?
100$ is not 1$, I do not think that VW is going anywhere.

Krzys
Krzyss,

Well typically stock price affects a company's viability, the amount of new development and technology, the ability to address problems and create TSBs to fix, and overall customer support. I want all of these to be at a high level and with the loss of revenue from diesel sales and the potential of up to 18 billion in fines and another unknown amount to remedy half a million VW diesels on the road, could impact the support and service I would receive on my Golf R should I decide to purchase one.

MidCow3

So in summary, stock price is important to a company.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9 Posts
This! I'm worried about purchasing this car blind folded. This is going to be my very first brand new vehicle and a vehicle that's over $3,500. I was due for a brand new car in the beginning of this year, but held on for this car. After doing my research based on my interest in cars, it always leads me to the RS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Won't buy without test drive and reading tons of reviews. Every dealership I've talked to that hasn't been price-gouging has suggested that I test drive before buying, even if I pre-order and put down a deposit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I won't need to test drive it, I'm already sold based on the looks and the specs and how much I enjoyed my ST over the past 3 years. I will NOT pay over MRSP though. I just can't do it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
23 Participants
zeropinion
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing