Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if drive modes and damper settings are persistent across drives?

e.g. If I change my drive mode to sport because I want the exhaust note and throttle response, but I put the dampers into a softer setting for ride comfort, will these settings still be active the next time I turn on my RS? Or will everything be back to "Normal" mode?

·
Banned
346 Posts
Does anyone know if drive modes and damper settings are persistent across drives?

e.g. If I change my drive mode to sport because I want the exhaust note and throttle response, but I put the dampers into a softer setting for ride comfort, will these settings still be active the next time I turn on my RS? Or will everything be back to "Normal" mode?
It's going to be back normal. The ST does the same thing....it won't stay in track it sport mode. You can permanently disable the auto start stop stuff, though.....that's a start

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
My understanding from previous discussion is that that the drive modes are not persistent and everything goes back to normal when the RS is turned-off :sour: and then back on. Liability issues were mentioned; e.g. you leave it in "track" mode and someone has a nanny avoidable wreck.

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - I would prefer that at least "Normal" and "Sport" modes be persistent. :triumphant:

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's going to be back normal. The ST does the same thing....it won't stay in track it sport mode. You can permanently disable the auto start stop stuff, though.....that's a start
You can permanently disable the start-stop on the ST without pulling a fuse? God I hope that carries over.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's like a launch sequence, every time I will get into my RS that button will be hit 2 times and maybe the dampers. It's second nature putting my ST in sport mode every time I get in.
I think you'll likely end up leaving the dampers in normal once you've felt em (not that I have either of course) but all the reviews mention how it really is suitable for tracking only, but of course to each their own!

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I think you'll likely end up leaving the dampers in normal once you've felt em (not that I have either of course) but all the reviews mention how it really is suitable for tracking only, but of course to each their own!
Agree .... apparently for very smooth track only :sorrow:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I agree. They say it rides like the FoST, which doesn't ride too bad, but 40% stiffer might be too much lol.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yup I was referring to putting it into track mode and maybe set the dampers to normal. I honestly like a firm ride and as long as it isn't bouncy over mid corner bumps I say bring on the stiffness :)

·
Banned
346 Posts
I believe the start stop shuts off in any drive mode other than NORMAL it that correct?
it better......

that would suck to be on the Track, and your car decides to suddenly be fuel efficient.... lol
You might as well take a Prius out there

·
Registered
89 Posts

At least one video I watched the reviewer stated it reset to normal every time it was powered down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
coloradoraider
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing