Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

So I am deffinetly more of a cosmetic mod guy with the exception of a catback exhaust. So that itch has already begun and I've been searching for new parts aside from wheels, and it seems like the pickings are quite slim. I recently got off the phone with APR and Seibon and have a bit of news.

I will probably be getting a custom APR splitter (Pic below). From what the guy told me its around $450-$500 and they can make it completely custom. So in the near future I will be sending them a cardboard template and hopefully developing a new part of their line up (Vendors, if you want to do it instead, please!) But very exciting non the less.

I also called Seibon and currently they told me the ETA not he RS500 Style hoods would hit the market (optimistically) around January/February of next year. Really looking for the hood, but also possibly some side skirts. Well hey, I am sure there might be people just like me waiting. So stay tuned! :triumphant:

That guy,
Trace

front-wind-splitters_01.jpg

Rs500 hood
New-2017-Ford-Focus-RS500-1-2-1024x576.jpg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Just cut vents in your hood, the vents can be bought on eBay UK. Plenty have already done it on the ST

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just cut vents in your hood, the vents can be bought on eBay UK. Plenty have already done it on the ST

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Really, Ill have to take a look, I cut louvers for my jeep...but then again... thats a jeep haha Interesting DIY in that case for sure

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Trace,

Search the following:
Hood vents - KMS motorsport do some juicy ones, although no under tray (might need to have something fab'd up)
Skirts and splitters - look for Maxton design for an all round kit, and also Triple R Composites

·
Registered
58 Posts
Will that front splitter replace the factory one or just attach to the bottom of it? I'd like a more aggressive splitter, but want it to replace the factory one.

·
Vendor
702 Posts
I will be posting a sales thread on all the Seibon goodies released for the RS after this year's SEMA show.

As for the APR splitter, I can probably trace out the bumper of our Donor RS that gets here Sept 12th and get it to APR. I just don't know if they will use that to produce a permanent part # for the RS. They've been doing the custom splitter for years on just about any car. Also I can do better on those prices too. So stay tuned for the Seibon thread mid to end of November hopefully.

If anyone wants to trace their bumper for a splitter, PM me and I will get you a good price. Splitter comes with the Rods and hardware!

Todd

·
Vendor
702 Posts
*Update* - Spoke with APR this morning and also @RonnieGunz. Mr Gunz has agreed to making a cardboard template (outline of the bumper lines) and send it off to APR. Rather than have all of you have to do this each time you want a front splitter, APR is going to take RonnieGunz template, make a prototype and send it to me. We will test fit it on our donor RS that's getting dropped off on Sept 12th through Oct 5th. We are going to do a test fit and my photographer will take product photos for APR to use in their marketing and catalog so that they can create a part # and make it a catalog item. From there I can organize a group buy and get everyone a great price on these. I will keep everyone posted with a thread and pics!

Todd

·
Registered
367 Posts
*Update* - Spoke with APR this morning and also @RonnieGunz. Mr Gunz has agreed to making a cardboard template (outline of the bumper lines) and send it off to APR. Rather than have all of you have to do this each time you want a front splitter, APR is going to take RonnieGunz template, make a prototype and send it to me. We will test fit it on our donor RS that's getting dropped off on Sept 12th through Oct 5th. We are going to do a test fit and my photographer will take product photos for APR to use in their marketing and catalog so that they can create a part # and make it a catalog item. From there I can organize a group buy and get everyone a great price on these. I will keep everyone posted with a thread and pics!

Todd
Well now I'm fu**ing interested

Reactions: RSRob and RSTheo

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any product updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
626 Posts
wonder how that badge would go down in Australia.........................
I tried to steal an FPV badge of a colleagues FPV Ute, he wasn't to keen to let me have it, even when I offered reimbursement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts