Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Description

If you are a track goer or have increased the power in your Focus RS you want to be looking at a performance big kit and they don’t come much better than this Kolstrup Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit.

Available for street, street/track and track use, each tier offers the newest braking technology engineered by Kolstrup Tuning along with the features that accommodate your requirements. Kolstrup Tuning offers the AP Racing, and XYZ calipers that are manufactured from forged blocks, expertly engineered for greater ventilation, lower weight, and maximum thermo-mechanical stiffness. Each application is designed around a stiffer more responsive pedal with staggered piston sizes to prevent pad taper and provide ideal brake torque in all conditions.

Kit Includes
  • 380 x 34mm 2-piece floating assembled Front Carbon Ceramic Brake Discs
  • Pair of calipers (Choice of XYZ £3499.00 or AP Racing £3999.00 )
  • Caliper adapters
  • Set of Pagid RSC brake pads
  • Set of Goodrich brake line
  • High temperature Pagid brake fluid
CCM brakes has the following benefits:

• Weight savings of up to 70% (typically 12kg of unsprung weight per axle)
  • Improved handling, stopping distance and driveability
  • Improved NVH (less noise, vibration and harshness)
  • Improved performance (in both wet and dry conditions)
  • Dramatically reduced disc wear – giving increased life
  • Corrosion Free
  • Outstanding performance, even from cold
Note: The kit does not have CE/TÜV approval, and only 18” or larger rims can be used.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
3999gpb to cad = $6835 cad. Plus 12% duty = $7655 (We’ll assume shipping was free). That’s a big no from me dawg

Such a beautiful piece of hardware, I seen it before from the other forum.

That will be a waste of stopping power for me, the OE calipers would be OK for me, I just need to install my SS BL change the rotors and pads and better fluild.

For that much I can get a beater car and still upgrade my brakes.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I just need to install my SS BL change the rotors and pads and better fluild.
not to derail the thread but I recently installed for slotted rotors, stoptech pads, lines, fluid. Massive upgrade and handled the track no sweat. But 100% also order the rear caliber bushings. I didn’t and I regret it. Had no idea how sloppy the stock ones were

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
not to derail the thread but I recently installed for slotted rotors, stoptech pads, lines, fluid. Massive upgrade and handled the track no sweat. But 100% also order the rear caliber bushings. I didn’t and I regret it. Had no idea how sloppy the stock ones were
These bushings?

I've been unsure about upgrading the brake lines. Perhaps the next time I do anything with brake fluid I'll swap them out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
im curious what the diff is? ive searched around. dont see much covering this.
maybe start a whole new thread on this? thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
I want these brakes. Cost/benefit has been done on CCB kits for cars that see the track regularly and they pay for themselves in some amount of time, tough pill to swallow at first tho for sure. If you don't track your car regularly, not sure why you would entertain the idea of these.

Happy to hear they work with 18's! The CCB kit from Racing Brake needs 19's to clear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts