Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on at least doing a clear bra up front to protect from rock chips, bugs, etc. But I've been thinking about just doing the whole car a "unique" color. Is anyone else thinking about this? Also, does anyone know of/ recommend any places in New England that do this? There's one that seems decent about 90 minutes from me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm planning on at least doing a clear bra up front to protect from rock chips, bugs, etc. But I've been thinking about just doing the whole car a "unique" color. Is anyone else thinking about this? Also, does anyone know of/ recommend any places in New England that do this? There's one that seems decent about 90 minutes from me.
I'm going to do the clear Bra. thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
my plan is to wrap it Green, shade close to the 2009 RS, but may do a deeper green

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
my plan is to wrap it Green, shade close to the 2009 RS, but may do a deeper green
I've considered that or Matte Orange. That was one of the reasons I went with Stealth (PRIMER) Gray! Perfect color to wrap if I get bored with my sinister look. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
I like the idea of a clear bra but the ones I've seen have been similar to what I think about putting screen protectors on my smart phones. Meh.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just looked up the OptiCoat Pro+. Liking this a lot better than the full xpel wrap. At least my wallet will.
The price difference between the two products is significant, however, for the ultimate in protection, a clear bra will be your best best. OptiCoat Pro+ would be the next best thing for protection. Harder than the standard clear and comes with a 5 year manufactures warranty, but will last much longer than that. I could talk you ear off about OCP+.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Yeah I have plenty of time to decide on which one to choose. I'm sure you've looked into the price of a full xpel clear bra wrap was quoted 5k ouch.
The price difference between the two products is significant, however, for the ultimate in protection, a clear bra will be your best best. OptiCoat Pro+ would be the next best thing for protection. Harder than the standard clear and comes with a 5 year manufactures warranty, but will last much longer than that. I could talk you ear off about OCP+.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah I have plenty of time to decide on which one to choose. I'm sure you've looked into the price of a full xpel clear bra wrap was quoted 5k ouch.
Being a professional detailer, I have a few inside tracks to get ppf installed for cost, but even still it's super expensive. That's why my plan is to apply ppf to the front third of the vehicle and then coat everything including the ppf with OCP+.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Nice, well the RS is gonna be a money pit anyways. Oh well such as life.
Being a professional detailer, I have a few inside tracks to get ppf installed for cost, but even still it's super expensive. That's why my plan is to apply ppf to the front third of the vehicle and then coat everything including the ppf with OCP+.

·
Registered
171 Posts
XPEL or SUNTEK on the front third of the car, topped with OptiCoat Pro+. Remainder of the exterior will be coated with OptiCoat Pro+.
Anybody heard of Sapphire V1? Got a killer deal lined up at a local shop... Just never heard of it.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Going to get both bumpers, front fenders, hood, and headlights wrapped in XPEL ultimate. Then the entire car coated with CQuartz finest. I'm still undecided on whether or not to wrap the roof black.

On the other hand, I may go nuts and get the whole car wrapped. I'd most likely go with a dark blue.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is coming in Stealth Gray and I'm definitely wrapping my roof gloss black. Then I'm going to do either carbon fiber or gloss black mirror covers and now I am currently thinking about possibly wrapping the hood in carbon fiber (may be too much for me) or doing a stripe of some kind. I was also thinking about doing a 1/2" to 1" strip on the bottom part of the mirror covers in whichever (carbon fiber/gloss black) isn't the predominant color already. Might as well wrap the front end in XPEL too, annoyed me how my white ST would get random brown spots..

1 - 20 of 148 Posts