Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my NASA competition license and I've been looking at everything out there to turn into my next track car. I really like the specs of the new Focus RS and most importantly, it is AWD!

Am I crazy to think that the new RS will make for a really good competition track car?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
If I was to do a dedicated track car I wouldn't be looking at new vehicles.

They have fixed every weak point in the RS that the ST has according to Ford. It will make an awesome track car, but for the same money you could pick up a Vette, maybe not a Z06 but I have seen some around 45K.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's tough to turn a brand new car into a dedicated track car, but it's also fun to have the newest thing on the road and see how it stacks up. The Vettes are fast, especially the Z06, but I think it would be fun paving the way in something new.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it would be fun paving the way in something new.
This sounds expensive...

Personally, I'd find a used race car that someone is selling because they are getting out of the sport. That way you have parts, wheels, tires, etc. I don't race wheel to wheel, but if I did, I think I would want something that I didn't mind dinging up a bit. I would be more relaxed on track and could really just focus on getting faster and not getting hit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure it would be more expensive, but that's just racing in general. I could do the HPDE groups to begin with as there is a lot less chance of swapping paint in that group. That way I would get a chance to lay down some track times and figure out how to improve them without rubbing against other cars.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Don't forget about looking into some racing schools as well. Ford Racing school has an awesome program, Ron Fellows is also very good.

In the end it is your decision, but if you weigh out the the potential consequences I say go for it and run hard very hard. Put the RS through the paces for us :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
By someone's ST that they are selling (to buy an RS) and use that as a track car.

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts