Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Check @Hank posting, there are several other thread regarding this one.

Reactions: Christian

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Wasn't Josh here before? I watched that video several times and I know some members here used that video to make their conversion.

Reactions: Christian

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wasn't Josh here before? I watched that video several times and I know some members here used that video to make their conversion.
Yes, he's one of the old school members, but I haven't seen much from him in awhile. Sadly many of us have moved on, including myself, but I just love this community so I check back every now and then

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Yes, he's one of the old school members, but I haven't seen much from him in awhile. Sadly many of us have moved on, including myself, but I just love this community so I check back every now and then

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thank you for sticking around..... I know how it goes. I just went to an Evo meet yesterday... 12+ members showed up... only 3 still have Evos.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I did this a couple months ago. I sourced it from the same seller (european-parts). I also picked up the Euro extending armrest and installed it while I had the console out. It was easier than I thought swapping the "tension gear" for the armrest to the other side.

While I had the console out of the car, figured I'd also install the Ford Performance short shifter and some Boomba shifter base bushings...

Couldn't be happier. I would say the hardest part of the whole process was getting the little airbag jewel housing underneath the radio off. It looks easy once you check out some tutorials, but once you get in there yourself, it almost feels like you are going to break a clip removing it. But in the end, everything came out and went back together as it should.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Do the swap. Totally worth it. While you're in there there's a bunch of more mods to do.

There's a euro cupholder thread on here, give it a read.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's worth it, but I have no idea how to source it. I got mine used from someone in CA.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ordered my cup holder and armrest from here: Online Shop. Legit seller and very responsive to my email questions before I placed the order. Parts are brand new.

Reactions: DARTH55

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, watched the second video, what a PITA. Not that any of it's difficult, just the usual, "gotta remove all that other crap" torture just to accomplish what you want to.

So... gonna do it (assuming I don't have trouble getting parts). Gonna do the sliding armrest too. Maybe the short shifter -- did it in my 330cic 20 years ago, loved flipping it around.

Guess I'm gonna have to set a day aside for this one. Y'all are spending all my retirement savings :)

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
125 Posts
Probably unrelated, but I was planning on swapping in an ST rear 3/4 fold backseat to get the armrest/cupholders for my backseat. I just got this instead:

So far no spills, can't hold a big gulp like the euro one though.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
No, and now I'm afraid to 😁 😁 😁

Seriously, I'll go check it out.

Also, totally juvenile, but I miss the interior mood lighting from the ST3 pkg on my ST, may try to retrofit that in too.
You can get all the Euro stuff from

Ford Parts Uk
Contact -Nino Galletti email address- [email protected]

You contact Nino and tell him what you want and that you would like to pay via Paypal. He then sends you a Paypal link to pay. Total time from placing order to receiving is about 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I did the cupholder, radio bezel with buttons & the rear headrests all in one order. In my mind, I couldn't justify the armrest cost for the small gain in function so I didn't do that piece. But the rest, I love love love the look & function. The euro radio bezel just looks so much more clean & sleek, & matches the rest of the interior so much better IMO. Plus the ability to easily turn off the display with the touch of a button is awesome. In addition to the better look, the rear head rests open up much improved visibility out of the rear window, it's like night & day. And the cupholder just looks sleek & clean. Those 3 things transformed the interior for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts