Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all, parts have been ordered from the states (by the way you can save $300 USD on the kit right now by way of mountune US sale and 'SRING20' promo code)... just waiting for them to turn up. Insurance likely taken care of via Enthusiast Car insurance, just fancy someone with some car skills installing this thing for me. Just wondering if there are any recommendations for any place in Perth installing who would do this kind of job. From what i hear its not too complicated (for a pro), but a little fiddly for a novice, SSC for example.

By the way does anyone have this kit installed? What's your take?

cheers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Do it yourself? Way more satisfaction that way.....
Plenty of videos around to show you how, probably find most of the info on here actually.
Ssc is easy, it's just time consuming and fiddly. Getting the circlip off is the hard part, once it's off it's smooth sailing, getting it back on is a piece of pi55

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the engine stuff looks piss, but that SSC chamber looks fiddly as hell, i dont have a lot of tools, nor patience... :)
i was gonna leave it off but then i caught a vid on YT where it seems its creates a whistle without, so i guess it needs doing... just figured if it was easy for a pro, i could take it in for an hour and it wouldnt cost much... def the lazy approach, but i generally favour that method + some degree of comfort its been done by someone experienced...

cheers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mate it's one circlip! It's definitely not rocket science or something that requires a "pro"
All you need is a $15 pair of circlip pliers and your away!
There's only one way to learn these things, have a go!!
You can then be proud of yourself and tick that off the list of things you know how to do and have done.
It's not a difficult job, it's just fiddly and needs patience.
Spend the money you save on beer / JD.

Built not bought is a good slogan here....
STRAYA 🤙👍🇦🇺🇦🇺

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you a motivational speaker by any chance? And can i blame you if i botch it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Lemon Haze I thinks a good joint but after one you really won’t care who fits it 😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
i did the intake myself plus air filter, super easy. take your time to wipe and clean it up too, for the SSC and uprated by pass valve, jack it up on stands if you can to go under the car, taking the wheels off and slipping your hand in there was a pain in the arse, dont be lazy its not worth it and set a full day aside if you are worried about taking too long...

i did the Mountune short shifter as well, never again, nearly loss the pin and took just as long to pop the pin out to find the pin sitting somewhere in the engine bay not fun. never again......

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine whistled like a ***** without the SSC, didn't even bother driving it did the SSC next day. Everything before was plainish sailing, the recirc was easy enough but i don't have oversize man hands, and occasionally i'm grateful for that. The SSC was a total *****, and circlip pliers aren't circlip pliers. Number one thing, use some WD40 or whatever on that clip, and rotate it so to the two holes are at the best angle to get some decent pliers in. Too small pliers are a PITA, that clip is strong. Also, having the little retainer notches (not sure of the tech term) at the end of the pliers will help control the clip on replacement, kept slipping off on me before i switched to the notched ones. AND....keep one of those little rods handy with the magnet on the end for when you drop the bits of the factory recirc and/or the circlip onto the undertray. It saved my ass. Damned if i could find them feeling around with my hand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SSC is a ***** but it can be done, its fiddly.

The mountune intake does not got to the turbo so will be a piece of piss. Trust me, do it yourself, it's the easiest mod you can do.

I have the cobb intake which does go to the turbo and that was a ***** too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts