Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm living in a warm climate, use my phone for nav, but I love the miko...so I'm kinda conflicted. RS1 is lighter and cheaper...RS2 will probably hold value better.
how'd you decide?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm living in a warm climate, use my phone for nav, but I love the miko...so I'm kinda conflicted. RS1 is lighter and cheaper...RS2 will probably hold value better.
how'd you decide?
Base RS1, zero options. Ford nav sucks, not worth it. I plan to mod mine pretty heavy, so seats, wheels, etc are all going anway. However, even if I werent I wouldnt change my order, Ford nav and leather sucks, waste of money.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Im getting a stealth gray base. I live a few miles south of Canada and in the winter I'll be driving it 50 miles twice a day over a mountain pass... but my reasoning is that power seats are heavy and they break, stock stereos never stay, and a moonroof just adds flex.... lol the price difference helped out as well.

Ive also already ordered mine, got an MSRP deposit down on one a month prior to the banks opening up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Base RS1, zero options. Ford nav sucks, not worth it. I plan to mod mine pretty heavy, so seats, wheels, etc are all going anway. However, even if I werent I wouldnt change my order, Ford nav and leather sucks, waste of money.
Agree completely. Same here. Base SG

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would just consider the rs2 package b/c of the lumbar support adjustment. Obviously, the rs1 doesn't come with one but I would suggest trying the current gen st to see if that would be a deal breaker for you. For me it would be ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ordered a NB RS1 with moonroof.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ordered a Stealth Gray RS1 with moon roof. We are not fans of leather seats

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yup, ordered a NB RS1. All the other stuff is just unnecessary to me. Phone works well for Nav and all the other stuff is weight and more things that can break. I don't think it will make much of a difference in value because of it being a limited production people will pay whatever you ask so they can play too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was on the fence and ended up calling my dealer and adding the rs2. I hope I don't regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
how'd you decide?
Is it worth $45 a month to you???? Remember you will also get some of it back when you sell.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes.

No offense to those who sprung for RS2, but I personally don't value heated seats and nav enough to spend almost $3k.
Just heated seats and nav? Your forgetting just a few things. It would take a lot of your time and cost about the same if not more if you tried to mod your car to include everything in the RS2 Package.

8-Way Power Driver Seat
• Black Leather Recaro® Seats with Miko®-Dinamica inserts with RS Logo
• Heated Mirrors
• Heated Front-Seats
• Heated Three Point Steering Wheel
• Voice-Activated Touch-Screen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®. Includes 5 year subscription

·
Registered
971 Posts
how'd you decide?
NB RS1. Did add the winter wheel package.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with the RS1, NB, and the lighter 19" rims. Was really thinking about getting the sport cup 2 tires but once I saw the tread rating I ran away.. The only reason I wanted to RS2 is for the power seats. I hate the ST seats because of the way the bottom is angled and non-adjustable, I just couldn't justify paying $2,785 for power seats.

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts
Well ladeda aren't you Americans fancy with your base model cars.

Pfft.
What? Some of us (Americans) are minimalistic while others are over the top....I'm always somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the RS1 SG. The RS2 package would've only sold me if we got the shell seats. That did not happen =( I have heated seats in my Fiesta ST. While fun, not worth it to me.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts