Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a few bulbs I would like to replace (if they aren't already LED) with LEDs, and wondered if anyone has this info yet, or can we assume that the 2015 Focus ST bulbs will generally be the same as the RS?

Specifically I want to change the rear combo taillight/stoplight, the rear turn signals and probably the front marker & turn signal bulbs.

I haven't seen a US light spec chart yet has anyone?

Any info appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
716 Posts
I will probably do the same. I wonder if you need to get resistors or what ever the heck it is to make sure a bulb out warning doesnt come up. I know I had that issue on my Fusion.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Got to watch out for the dreaded HyperFlash with LED replacements. Some work, some do not...
I think with the LED lights, the Hyperflashing is actually pretty cool and gets people's attention faster when trying to make a lane change. It looks dumb with a standard bulb because of the delay in the on/off of the bulb. But with an LED they are instant on/off. Just my opinion though.

As for the bulbs, I'm pretty sure all of themy for the car will be the same as the '15 ST. With exception maybe to the headlights and fog lights.

I plan on doing a full LED conversion of all non HID lights withing the first month of getting the car. LET'S are more efficient, so less burden on the electrical system (very slight I know) and longer lasting. Plus they just look better IMO.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
FTFY

Any LED that is the same wattage as an halogen bulb will be way too bright.

For example we all know what a stock 50W fog light looks like. Now 50W LED...

I don't see the problem. Looks like a perfect fog light to me... just aim it a tad lower. >;-)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Agreed, I am a fan of super bright LEDs for tail lights and side markers. Not that I will be swapping mine, but I helped plenty of people with MK1 retrofits :)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FTFY

Any LED that is the same wattage as an halogen bulb will be way too bright.

For example we all know what a stock 50W fog light looks like. Now 50W LED...

I want one that will actually set that tree on fire :) Useful when some idiot (and their numbers seem to be increasing here in the Bay Area) drives around with their (her) high beams on.

Jim

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes, but then you blind them and they smash you head-on and your lovely head goes flying out the windshield... I give them a quick flash or two, if they are too stupid to get the message then in a few seconds it will be done with anyways and I just hold my hand up to cover their lights... I try not to let the stupid people get me mad anymore, just not worth it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
RS Crazy
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing