Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any dealers on Long Island (preferably Suffolk County) not charging $5k+ over MSRP?

So far all the dealers I've called want at least $5k over MRSP, one said $10k... LOL

Sayville Ford - MSRP +$5K
Stevens Ford - MSRP +$5K
Ford & Lincoln Smithtown - MSRP +$10k
Ramp Ford - My phone dropped the call, but the sales guy seemed kinda clueless.

The most I will pay is $1k over MSRP, on the side in cash (not paying tax on that BS). Otherwise I won't be buying this car.

You can say I'm a ford 2.3L turbo guy, having had 3x 1987-1988 Thunderbird Turbo coupes back in the day, then an 1986 SVO Mustang (which has been sitting for 12+ years). Currently driving a 1999 C5 Corvette for the past 12+ years that has over 165K miles on it... so I'm looking to buy something soon ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You might have to expand your search a bit. I was prepared to travel anywhere to get one at MSRP but I only had to go 20 miles from my house...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might have to expand your search a bit. I was prepared to travel anywhere to get one at MSRP but I only had to go 20 miles from my house...

Yeah, I plan to expand a bit. I started late in the day, so only had a chance to call a few places... I wish I could just place my order online.... the system is so outdated.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've talked to pretty much EVERY Ford dealership on Long Island.

I've found that:
- Levittown Ford - MSRP + $5k
- Most other dealerships don't have allocations.

I wound up putting a deposit down with Otis Ford in Quogue. The salesman there, Carl, was a good and honest guy who put the car in writing on the deposit for MSRP and is trying to get Ford to honor my deposit and build the car.

If you do go through them, I had a great experience with that salesman, the only issue is that we don't know yet if Ford is going to let them put my order through. If you want to wait, I'll keep you updated on what happens with my order. If you don't want to wait, call Otis Ford and ask for Carl (and PM me, I'll give you my name as a referral).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I've found that:

I wound up putting a deposit down with Otis Ford in Quogue. The salesman there, Carl, was a good and honest guy who put the car in writing on the deposit for MSRP and is trying to get Ford to honor my deposit and build the car.

If you do go through them, I had a great experience with that salesman, the only issue is that we don't know yet if Ford is going to let them put my order through. If you want to wait, I'll keep you updated on what happens with my order. If you don't want to wait, call Otis Ford and ask for Carl (and PM me, I'll give you my name as a referral).
Thanks, keep me posted if you can. I'm still kinda interested in the RS, but not as much after seeing as 5K over MSRP is pretty much the standard with ford stealerships. At $45K before taxes I'll buy either a used cayman or audi. Just looked at a TT RS today...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Same here. Lucky I guess. But I started the process way back in February when the car was announced.

·
Registered
322 Posts

I've found that:

I had a similar experience, trustworthy sales guy, MSRP. Yet the order is retail and was told no guarantees of it being pulled. Curious to see what others experience in this situation. I checked with over 25 dealers with no idea of the car or all allocations were spoken or ADM was $3k to $10k. So I just settled on a retail order. Received DORA...so just waiting to her if order gets pulled now.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had to go all the way to toms river for msrp. I hit the city, westchester, rockland, and northern jersey, so save your breath with any dealerships there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a similar experience, trustworthy sales guy, MSRP. Yet the order is retail and was told no guarantees of it being pulled. Curious to see what others experience in this situation. I checked with over 25 dealers with no idea of the car or all allocations were spoken or ADM was $3k to $10k. So I just settled on a retail order. Received DORA...so just waiting to her if order gets pulled now.
How can u know that is a retail order??

·
Registered
334 Posts
As a current Audi owner, I totally applaud that option. However, keep looking for the RS, there will be several dealerships that will wind up being sensible. Also, do consider looking out of state, I've had promising phone calls with a couple dealerships in PA, if my order at Otis Ford doesn't go through.

·
Registered
322 Posts
How can u know that is a retail order??
'Retail order' meaning non stock, non fleet. Although I believe a retail order can be both based on an allocation or not. My problem is the order is not based on a guaranteed allocation. The possibility of my order being selected is not as strong as orders based on guaranteed allocations. Lots of factors will determine if it gets built. Although in my favor is the fact that Ford snatched the order and its going through the processing stages. I do have the VOC and the DORA also. I had opportunities to snatch up an allocation with a stronger likelihood of having order selected, but did not want to pay the markup. I also got burned by a dealer on an allocation....I thought I secured an allocation in June awaiting further information and order banks...but when I called back -- all 3 were spoken for. I then contacted 20+ dealers same day and had a best offer of $3k ADM. Then a salesman went out of his way to offer to submit an order to build, gave me the VOC and DORA, spoke with his rep and stated he could not guarantee selection...but would do everything in his power to get my order pulled & at MSRP. The funny thing is he has been contacting me and keeping me updated. Everything he has indicated is fact based and is accurate and trustworthy. So we will see where it goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
KozMQZ
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing