Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
If the knocking is due to a loose hose should be easy to spot. Does it only happen over rough road or bumps, or is knocking all the time / at idle? If the latter then you may have a problem.

Not sure we can blame the shop yet. You seemed to have had issues when you swapped the intake yourself, sounds like it was never sorted properly. Hopefully its a simple fix.
Fair enough but that does not excuse the fact that they basically offered no help after the fact, to rectify the issues the customer had after they tuned it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If the knocking is due to a loose hose should be easy to spot. Does it only happen over rough road or bumps, or is knocking all the time / at idle? If the latter then you may have a problem.
knocking is only when turning car on.

Not sure we can blame the shop yet. You seemed to have had issues when you swapped the intake yourself, sounds like it was never sorted properly. Hopefully its a simple fix.
Not blaming the shop, but just disappointed that they said all the sounds are normal and nothing is wrong. Also was told bringing the car in gonna waste their time, like seriously thats terrible after sale support.

I didnt ask to fix , just asked them to have a quick look, i even offered to pay them for that service.

Anyway i will try today to check all the clamps and redo the PCV connection again.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fair enough but that does not excuse the fact that they basically offered no help after the fact, to rectify the issues the customer had after they tuned it?
Maybe. But you here this kind of story a lot in the Aus aftermarket scene. You pay a shop for a tune and thats what they do. If you want them to trouble shoot and fix your backyard mods gone wrong.... well thats another story and not their problem. Probably not worth the hassle compared to the other work they do.
It sounds like they could have responded/communicated better, but then we are only hearing one side. With respect, the OP has been all over the place, I really hope he gets a simple fix.

By the way if you are paying to sort this out, a Ford dealer service is probably the last place I would go. You need to find a "reputable" aftermarket shop.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ah, well that sounds like it may be cold start issue, maybe needs more fuel when first started? That may actually be a tune issue, but does not explain the other sounds or low boost.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Went under the car and spent about 3 hours checking everything. The issue was the hot side piping from turbo to intercooler. From my POV the clamp seemed to be fine, but i looked from other side and i realised the pipe actually came off a little from the turbo coupling.
Took the pipe and coupling out and re sitting them properly, made sure the clamps are aligned properly. I think the issue was when the car was being pulled on the dyno the pipe started to come out slowly and when i started driving home it slipped that little bit more.

So now the car pulls HARD!, builds up speed soo easily and man it feels so awesome. Only worry is the piping , gotta check it every now and then. The small knock on start up has disappeared as well as well as the engine service light.

Really happy now! But i think this is all the tune im gonna do with this car, now might move on to my Toyburu 86 GTS. Have that car for 8 years and its bone stock, might be the only bone stock 86 ever lol.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yep, probably the best outcome you could hope for, good stuff!
At least you don't have to let the knob jockey Ford dealer near it now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also had this problem, but I did have aftermarket Mishimoto intercooler and pipes. Basically a whistling sound when hitting boost.

I ended up buying stronger / adjustable clamps and reclamped everything.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great to hear you got it all sorted Shiv and that you're now happy again with how the RS is preforming.

Anyone recommend a good tuner in Melbourne's west? I have a Cobb Accessport and a few goodies to go on.

·
Registered
734 Posts
JST, not in Melbourne, but he knows his shi7.
And he does more than one or two revisions for the original price, unlike most of the other tuners.

·
Registered
40 Posts
JST, not in Melbourne, but he knows his shi7.
And he does more than one or two revisions for the original price, unlike most of the other tuners.
More details please.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thomastown is 2 hours from me , UPG is 30 mins from me.
I was thinking Cobb or even Dreamscience , but then people say dyno tune is the best way to go, i do like the idea of Cobb AP with its extra features but im happy to trade that off for better tune if dyno tunes can give me a bit more.
A dyno is just measuring tool and not a tune. A tune whether on a Cobb or directly on the ecu is a tune. Only difference between what you received was all data logging all done while the car was there. Rather than sending them out and waiting for a new revised tune.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 59 Posts