Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not able to find any regional dealers willing to part with their allocated car without at least $3k ADM. So I placed an order for a nonallocated car. I have my DORA and am all set, but I have no clue as to when I might actually get the car, or if it will even be fulfilled.

Does anyone have any info to help me on this? I can wait for months, but I am gonna get a Subaru if I can't at least get a reasonable estimate. I would freak out if I waited 8 months for a car that never came!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well from what I've heard, dealers will also got "stock" RS' early too, so you might be able to get one of those, you just have to choose from what shows up, not what you ordered.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was not able to find any regional dealers willing to part with their allocated car without at least $3k ADM. So I placed an order for a nonallocated car. I have my DORA and am all set, but I have no clue as to when I might actually get the car, or if it will even be fulfilled.

Does anyone have any info to help me on this? I can wait for months, but I am gonna get a Subaru if I can't at least get a reasonable estimate. I would freak out if I waited 8 months for a car that never came!!
What a mess this process is... You say you have a DORA for a non allocation. I've ordered from dealer stock from a dealer with one allocation. I've not advanced beyond a VOC. The Sales Manager has spoken with the area rep and can't get an explanation and can't say when the allocation will be awarded (as in when this dealership can finalize the order for their / my allocation).

I'd like to know once and for all why the incongruence with the order process.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
So I don't have to dig through the VOC/DORA thread, what is different in the order of whether the car is allocated or not?

For example, OP ordered a non-allocated car, but if the dealership doesn't put another RS order through until after orders are being scheduled, is there a chance that OP's order would get plucked as one of that dealership's allocations?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
A VOC is simply confirmation of your order and can be used to make sure it's ordered to your specs. A DORA would be next and would indicate the order was submitted and in the system ready for it to be picked up and built when the time comes. Allocation at this point is only a variable because dealer allocations will be build first followed by customer orders.

Not to confuse the matter but many dealer allocations are being ordered to customer specks rather than dealer ordering what they see fit. They are using their allocations for customer orders. In you example the dealer could chose to make the customer's car one of their allocations or not. If not, it will have to wait until that wave of builds begins.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Well from what I've heard, dealers will also got "stock" RS' early too, so you might be able to get one of those, you just have to choose from what shows up, not what you ordered.

IF by stock you mean dealers will take delivery of cars built by Ford and it's a matter of take what you get and like it, that is not the case. Dealers can order their allotments. They aren't stuck with what ever is sent to them to sell.

·
Registered
386 Posts
IF by stock you mean dealers will take delivery of cars built by Ford and it's a matter of take what you get and like it, that is not the case. Dealers can order their allotments. They aren't stuck with what ever is sent to them to sell.
This.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Stock orders are order type 2, retail is order type 1. stock almost always comes in first so just in case there are any issues with production they aren't for the custom ordered vehicles already sold. That's why I ordered mine as a 1 instead of a 2. I don't want to take delivery with snow on the ground and I want to make sure mine is put together correctly ;) Orders can be put in as a stock but made to order for a customer who wants it there sooner etc.. tho the priority numbers are always lower for a retail order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stock orders are order type 2, retail is order type 1. stock almost always comes in first so just in case there are any issues with production they aren't for the custom ordered vehicles already sold. That's why I ordered mine as a 1 instead of a 2. I don't want to take delivery with snow on the ground and I want to make sure mine is put together correctly ;) Orders can be put in as a stock but made to order for a customer who wants it there sooner etc.. tho the priority numbers are always lower for a retail order.
slightly confused..... I got #5 of 6 allocated. But is says order type 1 on my voc. So it will come later???

·
Registered
386 Posts
DICEMAN;18900]slightly confused..... I got #5 of 6 allocated. But is says order type 1 on my voc. So it will come later???
Read bellow ;)

Stock orders are order type 2, retail is order type 1. stock almost always comes in first...
Stock orders always come first. Retail orders will start shipping over to dealers anywhere between 6-8 weeks after stock. Now throw in some allocations and it gets a bit confusing but allocations could be (or are, not 100% sure as there is no clear 100% conformation on this) considered stock orders. So some of us here might be getting their RS really early next year. I personally hope I will get mine anywhere between April to Jun.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
slightly confused..... I got #5 of 6 allocated. But is says order type 1 on my voc. So it will come later???
Most likely yes. It has nothing to do with #5 out of #6. They can put any priority they want but the lower the better. Retail orders, type 1, are priority 10-19. "Stock" orders are type 2 and priority 20-80. The vehicle won't have your name on it like a retail but they will likely mark it with your name so people know in house. You can order a vehicle as a stock order for it to arrive sooner than a retail. If the vehicle was already in production , a retail order would probably come in first. Since it's the beginning of production on a "new" vehicle stock orders seem to come in first just in case there are manufacturing issues. That way any issues are on stock units not spoken for retail units. Hope that makes sense. If a dealer has 1 allocation they get one RS. Whether they choose to order it as stock or retail. They get one that is it. If for whatever reason not all RSs are spoken for dealerships may be able to get more. I don't see how that would happen because dealerships are still using up their allocation on units for stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Placed non-allocated RS order just over invoice.

Regional sales manager said out of his 40 ford dealerships/stores, only 1 RS allocation. I think another user on this forum is that 1.

Keeping my order in the system just in case....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So reading through this thread, I am still thinking I might be screwed. Here is my very simplified understanding: if you ordered a stock or retail allocated car you will be seeing your shiny new toy sometime between February and say.... May. If you ordered a nonallocated car, even with a DORA in hand, Ford has said they "will make every attempt" to fulfill your order, but it is not a sure thing. That being said, I think I will move on to something else. I am not cool with waiting for months for something that might not come through.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am not cool with waiting for months for something that might not come through.
You might want to hold on for at least a couple of weeks to see how it unfolds...Yesterdays' post from FordService leads me to believe that we'll start to see dates put behind the orders by the end of the month. Make sure to PM FordService your dealer/order #.

Hey guys,

I received some new info today, and it looks like both retail and stock orders should begin scheduling this week and arrive at dealerships around the same time. My tracking system will populate an ETA for delivery once it enters the production stage, which will give us a better idea when to expect its arrival. Feel free to check in with me for an order status update anytime.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
150 Posts
You might want to hold on for at least a couple of weeks to see how it unfolds...Yesterdays' post from FordService leads me to believe that we'll start to see dates put behind the orders by the end of the month. Make sure to PM FordService your dealer/order #.
Thanks for pointing shadrack my way, reitmr!

Thanks for the info!
Hey shadrack,

As reitmr said, send over your order number and dealer code in a PM, and I'll gladly keep an eye on it for you and provide you with status updates. Talk to you soon! :)

Nick

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Nick, I just sent a PM with the details.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts