Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already been researching wheels since the beginning of this year, only thing that bothered me was the size of the OEMwheels....which I firmly believe right now is 19x8, 5x108, 55et offset based on various observations.

I have been in contact with Braid, EVO Corse, and Compomotive wheels. Other wheels I looked at include: OZ Ultraleggera, Speedline, BBS SSR, GramLights 57DR.

I am most likely going with one of the following options for my aftermarket wheel setup:

1. Braid Full Race 18x8 et 55 Rallycross version
2. EVO Corse 18x8 et 48
3. OEM Focus ST wheels with Grey finish 18x8 et 55

But the first thing I'll most likely do is test fit the Braid wheels using the template they sent me.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
It's only a matter of time, but does anyone plan anything bigger than 19's?

I figure I'd mention it now since it'll come up shortly that someone wants 22's on their FoRS.

I'm planning on 19" Forged and 18"s for a winter set up, in case I need them here in SE NC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have already been researching wheels since the beginning of this year, only thing that bothered me was the size of the OEMwheels....which I firmly believe right now is 19x8, 5x108, 55et offset based on various observations.

I have been in contact with Braid, EVO Corse, and Compomotive wheels. Other wheels I looked at include: OZ Ultraleggera, Speedline, BBS SSR, GramLights 57DR.

I am most likely going with one of the following options for my aftermarket wheel setup:

1. Braid Full Race 18x8 et 55 Rallycross version
2. EVO Corse 18x8 et 48
3. OEM Focus ST wheels with Grey finish 18x8 et 55

But the first thing I'll most likely do is test fit the Braid wheels using the template they sent me.
Do you not think these cars are expensive enough LOL!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've had ccw's on almost all my cars for the last 10+ years. Gonna give them a shot first and see what they can come up with. I can picture a nice set of classics with a decent lip.

·
Registered
561 Posts
When I bought wheels for my fiesta the 4x108 bolt pattern was killer. I had to order from the UK to get what I wanted. Hopefully the 5x108 wheel market is better, and if not I hope the RS helps expand that a little. I honestly haven't looked yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a set of Braid Future Concept GT's on my 84 Supra and love them:

braids.jpg

I'll be definitely checking out their options butand others, I personally LOVE the forged rim option on the RS but would just prefer something "unique".

These are pretty tasty looking:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Definitely stealing some ideas from this thread lol.

Intending on going with the 18s with winter tires from Ford add the forged 19s, but dont know the price on the 18s yet. If they're reasonable I may go that route.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
For track days, I'm going with a TSW Nurburgring 18x8, weighing in at only 18.6 pounds. I have the 18x9.5s on my G8 for about 4 years now and they still look great even after an ex wife's determination to hit every pothole when she drove it.
Great wheel for a nice mix of style/weight/cost/strength. I have a friend who runs a set of these on the street and track on an Audi TTRS. They've been excellent for him. Years ago we always joked that TSW stood for "Totally Soft Wheels", but they've improved quite a bit. That's a great wheel.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
image.jpg

A car configurator would be cool for this site.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Do we know the wheel diameters (18/19), their widths and offsets? I haven't decided what wheels I want, but I can't really look until I know this information ... I'm thinking a nice 5 spoke wheel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great wheel for a nice mix of style/weight/cost/strength. I have a friend who runs a set of these on the street and track on an Audi TTRS. They've been excellent for him. Years ago we always joked that TSW stood for "Totally Soft Wheels", but they've improved quite a bit. That's a great wheel.
I agree. The rim portion of the wheel is forged, which is how it's so light and strong. I think they have 3 or 4 wheel types that are "rotary forged".

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
1 - 20 of 184 Posts