Ford Focus RS Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
To the OP, sorry for derailing your thread. My opinion to your question: I too, have reservations about first year bugs especially with a brand new drivetrain, but anything major should be covered under warranty. As inconvenient as that might be, that's what it's there for. I'm willing to pay for an extended warranty to cover major issues that could happen just outside the normal warranty coverage window too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Cant be wose than my Megane RS.For info:
3 Years old
41'000km
has new gearbox, new clutch, new park assist, new Handbrake system, and the whole front suspension got redone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cant be wose than my Megane RS.For info:
3 Years old
41'000km
has new gearbox, new clutch, new park assist, new Handbrake system, and the whole front suspension got redone.
Thats what you get for buying a French car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a 1990 NA Miata when they were new. In fact it was the "fall build" 1989 NA, but was the 1990 model. So, brand spanking new. I loved that car. Drove 10 great years in it. The only issue I ran into. Was the fitting for the slave cylinder changed in 1990 spring build. This is because the ones for the fall build tended to fail. Unfortunately, the new slaves had a different fitting. So, after 3 or 4 years, when I needed to replace it again, I had to go aftermarket. The good news, the aftermarket part worked for as long as I drove after.

The other good news about the RS is, it's being built by Germans. :) I've owned a couple of German built cars, and I've yet to see fit and finish as good on any comparable American or Japanese cars.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts