Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I don't trust the dealerships sales folks, but is there a way to confirm their allocation numbers and/or determine how many they have left.

Also, please PM me if you know of MSRP dealers in CA (ideally bay area) and please don't respond in this thread with "I know dealer X is charging $$$ ADM", we don't want to feed the dealer greed mill.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a retail order out with my local dealer for MSRP but I forgot to even ask about allocation to that dealer. They were able to place the order just fine, and they told me when the person who orders the vehicles returns to work next week, they'll email me my official VOC along with their allocation. We shall see.....

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
This won't give you allocations, but it will help you know if you're having smoke blown up your butt or not

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/945-post-pictures-your-voc-your-dora.html

Not that I don't trust the dealerships sales folks, but is there a way to confirm their allocation numbers and/or determine how many they have left.

Also, please PM me if you know of MSRP dealers in CA (ideally bay area) and please don't respond in this thread with "I know dealer X is charging $$$ ADM", we don't want to feed the dealer greed mill.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Hate to say it, but if you're looking for MSRP in the Bay Area, you're going to be looking for a long time. The people who have gotten MSRP have had a dealer hookup, or a prior business relationship with said dealers in our area. The dealer with the largest allocation number (SerraMonte) is now sold out of allocations. The lowest number we've heard so far without a dealer hookup is $1500 ADM. I think the upper bound has been $10k? With an auction or two thrown in for good measure.

There are other people drop shipping from out of state, might be worth looking into? The problem is dealers in our area know they have a hot commodity and there's plenty of techies (me being one of them) who don't mind a bit of ADM (I paid $2k over) to get their car earlier. It's an unfortunate result of the area we live in.

I can tell you the South Bay area is bad, on average I've heard $5k+ down here.

Sorry man. Dealers know there's plenty of folks with disposable incomes who are willing to pay so they're jacking up the prices. You're starting a bit late in the game too, so a lot of the "good deals" are out of allocations. Might want to try in the inland empire area too.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Shop around guys. I live near Philadelphia and talked to 3 dealers, one wanted +$3000, another +$8000, and finally MSRP. That's the one I ordered from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Macmorgan
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing