Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a carbon fiber hood. It looks like Anderson Composites makes a great looking one, link below. I actually love this one its sharp. Are there currently any others on the market though? I have had difficulty finding anything. If anyone has anything they could link me to I would appreciate it.

Hoods Body and Styling 2016-2017 Ford Focus RS Ford EcoBoost Vehicles

·
Registered
462 Posts
Any idea what the weight reduction is on that? Even the metal hood isn't very large.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Interesting that Anderson isn't advertising the weight of these. It leads me to believe they are fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber over it, which won't yield huge weight losses.

Jim

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've got 3 so far. Tested fitment on my RS 1st one 13lbs with complete underside support structure. The last 2 are under 10lbs without the underside support or fastening hardware. The stock hood IIRC was just under 30lbs. That's a great price for a CF hood as I'd want more if I was selling them. Still have to figure out the mounting with out the underside support and vent inserts and placement.

CF1.jpg

cf4.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've got 3 so far. Tested fitment on my RS 1st one 13lbs with complete underside support structure. The last 2 are under 10lbs without the underside support or fastening hardware. The stock hood IIRC was just under 30lbs. That's a great price for a CF hood as I'd want more if I was selling them. Still have to figure out the mounting with out the underside support and vent inserts and placement.
Who are they made by? Are they fiberglass with a layer of carbon?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts