Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the hatch bumper stop at the edge of the lift gate.

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.37.30 AM.png

I'm looking to remove this part w/o snapping any plastic.
Not sure if you just pry it off from it's mounting pint, it seems to be spring loaded or has a small plastic flex leaf inside.

Has anyone removed this?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
This is the hatch bumper stop at the edge of the lift gate.

I'm looking to remove this part w/o snapping any plastic.
Not sure if you just pry it off from it's mounting pint, it seems to be spring loaded or has a small plastic flex leaf inside.

Has anyone removed this?

Thanks in advance
I haven't replaced it but on mine the rubber bumper kept falling off when I'd wipe out the lift gate jamb after washing my RS. Thinking I might loose one someday I ordered spares from my dealer. And it's the whole part, not just the rubber bumper. I don't recall what it looks like on the back but if you don't have an answer by this evening I'll look at one of my new spares when I get home and take a picture of it for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't replaced it but on mine the rubber bumper kept falling off when I'd wipe out the lift gate jamb after washing my RS. Thinking I might loose one someday I ordered spares from my dealer. And it's the whole part, not just the rubber bumper. I don't recall what it looks like on the back but if you don't have an answer by this evening I'll look at one of my new spares when I get home and take a picture of it for you.
Awesome!..
Thank you, that would be super helpful!

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Awesome!..
Thank you, that would be super helpful!
This isn't how I remembered it. It looks like there is a removable cover on it that doesn't come with the base and bumper. The base must be held on with a bolt under the cover. The edges have a ridge, so I think you might have to pry the cover off of that ridge?

The base is actually two pieces itself. The part with the bumper slides in and out of the base, I'm assuming for adjustment. There are a bunch of teeth or ridges between those two parts so I think when you tighten the bolt it locks them together.

IMG_20180406_202300.jpg

IMG_20180406_202243.jpg

IMG_20180406_202334.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
PiSigma
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing