Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking like 80's hand drawn anime. I recently started rewatching Bubblegum Crisis 2032/33. I still have the original Laserdiscs of this Anime. I like it so much I've bought it over the years in various formats, most recently the crowd funded Bluray re-master which is stunning in its quality. They really took their time remastering not only the Anime, but all of the Music Video's too.

I started rewatching it because I ran across this New wave synth AMV of Perturbator's Venger set to Bubblegum Crisis.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have bg crash on dvd, I still mean to pickup the AD Police ova’s to complete the set.

there are so many anime movies I need to pickup but are out of print.

another of my favorites is the parody “Project A-ko”. wacky and chock full of parody and hidden cameos.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
More of a 90's Anime fan myself; but I'll do anything Gundam from the OG to IBO. Even watched those cute little ones 10-15 years ago when they were on original Toonami (afternoons).

Big fan of what Toonami has been doing. I don't have the attention span for subs at this point, so I've been loving My Hero, Food Wars, etc. Also don't have the attention span or time to dig around Crunchy Roll for whatever else is out there. I will simucast Titan, SAO etc though, even subbed (at least for SA) season 2, maybe not so much anymore besides Titan - I must know how it ends). However, best show Toonami has had on in the last 5 or so years; Outlaw Star.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Growing up in close proximity to Japan, the only cartoons I got were pretty much all dubbed late 70's, 80's and 90's anime. A few fav's that come to mind from my childhood:

Daimos

Beast king GoLion (Voltron)

Astro boy

Patlabor

Mobile Suit Gundam

Macross (Robotech)
The Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Clean Intro [720p]

Startship Yamato/Starblazers
Uchuu Senkan Yamato Opening

Not anime, but I was also pretty into the tokusatsu/kaiju genre (picture ultraman, godzilla, power rangers, etc.). Was a huge fan of kamen rider,specially of the bikes he rode haha

Kamen Rider Black Opening (Subtitle Indonesia)

Kamen Rider Black - First Henshin Re-edited HD 1080

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Might as well Heidi as I watched it when my sisters did:

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Growing up in close proximity to Japan, the only cartoons I got were pretty much all dubbed late 70's, 80's and 90's anime. A few fav's that come to mind from my childhood:

Daimos

Astro boy

Patlabor

Mobile Suit Gundam

Macross (Robotech)

Not anime, but I was also pretty into the tokusatsu/kaiju genre (picture ultraman, godzilla, power rangers, etc.). Was a huge fan of kamen rider,specially of the bikes he rode haha

On the Kaiju genre: BioMan, MaskMen and Shaider:

Man!!!! My age is showing!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Daimos

Astro boy

Patlabor

Mobile Suit Gundam

Macross (Robotech)

Yes to all of that.

I must add New Dominion Tank Police and 8 Man After.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And though its 90's, but that okay, other people like 90's.

Gunsmith Cats and the older Riding Bean. When Animators would actually draw real life cars instead of generic things. Kenichi Sonoda really loved the GT350, he put it in some of his best work.

And the 90's Street Fighter 2 movie where Guyle drives a GT500, and you can recognized so many other cars in the movie. A Corvette, Mutang, Pontiac TransAm...etc. I'd post the clip, but there's nudity. But its easily found "Chun-Li vs Vega". The English dub is set to KMFDM - Ultra.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vampire D was not a series (I think)

TriGun

Lupin III
Remember catching that for the first time at an Easter party at like 2AM and not knowing the name of it.

I own it and its sequel on DVD now.

I love the original Hellsing Anime too, not so much Hellsing Ultimate.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yey for nudity!

ROFL!
Yeah, its super tame stuff. I looked for the US original version since it has the nudity cut or altered. But I own the HD Remasters un-cut version cause, I'm an adult.

Its not like its Urotsukidoji or anything.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
@nicklulu I'm now definitely sure we both grew up in the same place and around same time lol

This thread took me down memory lane, thanks @thirdgen89gta for wrecking my productivity for the rest of the day!

Here's a few more (granted, these were more from teh 90's):

B'T X

Romeo's Blue Skies (this **** made me cry)

Ginga Sengoku Gun'yūden Rai (thunderjet)

Yaiba

Zenki

Yuyu Hakusho
Yu Yu Hakusho Opening Full - Smile Bomb

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@nicklulu I'm now definitely sure we both grew up in the same place and around same time lol

This thread took me down memory lane, thanks @thirdgen89gta for wrecking my productivity for the rest of the day!

Here's a few more (granted, these were more from teh 90's):
You are welcome. Its not like 90's isn't welcome, its just that's when when the computers started to creep into production, eventually moving away from hand drawn anime almost entirely by the late 2000's.

Macross Plus is awesome. I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned Akira yet. Maybe Akira is just too obvious.

Plenty of great stuff in the 90's and even early 2000's.

Anything done by Hayao Miyazaki is stunning even though he traditionally focuses almost entirely on the kids, I still love most of his stuff as an adult. Spirited Away is far and above one of my favorite movies. So imaginative and well drawn with a good story too.

Once they started replacing hand drawn (even if it was cleaned up and colored in a computer) with fully cell shaded cheap animation I started losing interest. I like movies, and don't hate anything that uses CGI, I just don't' like the cheaply animated pure CGI stuff.

I recently bought the HD Remaster of Robot Carnival, which is like a Japanese Mecha Fantasia. Each of the shorts is great on their own, and they really did an amazing job restoring them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts