Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, You can help me a lot if you suggest any quickly ways to delete the graffiti from my wife’s focus. One big letter on the door. Is there any liquid or spray to remove it?
thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
If it's spray paint, then it's on there for good. You're going to need to take it to a body shop and have the door re-painted.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Time is not your friend. It will remove quicker with a lesser cure time. I'm no expert on solvents, but some Goop and elbow grease?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Oven cleaner used lightly. Finger nail polish remover. Should come off easy if they used rattle can

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Guys, You can help me a lot if you suggest any quickly ways to delete the graffiti from my wife’s focus. One big letter on the door. Is there any liquid or spray to remove it?
thanks
Step 1) I'd find a good detail shop. There are a range of chemicals that will take it off. Different chemicals for different surfaces. Then it'll come down to bringing the finish back, AKA... shine. If you were local, I could have it off your car, and have the door shiny again in a few hours. In your case, I'd hit the detail shop before anything else. Because although you *may* or may not have a few of the required chemicals in your garage, use of the wrong ones can REALLY phuque things up, depending on the state/type of paint. A professional detailer will have no problem. He may even just be able to put some cutting compound on a wheel and take if off.

https://www.google.com/search?q=denver+colorado+automotive+detailers+best&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=denver+colorado+automotive+detailers+professional

Step 2) Dress in all black, and camp out in the bushes at your house for a few nights. Especially weekends. A tube sock full of golf balls, pool balls, or Coke cans will work nicely. Apply this GENEROUSLY to the next little fk'r that messes with your cars.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Acetone or nail polish remover. Get a microfiber towel and a spray bottle of water. Soak the towel with acetone and lightly wipe the painted letter for a couple seconds. Rinse with the spray bottle and repeat till it comes off. If you don't let the acetone sit directly on the paint for long periods of time it will not remove the clear coat. I had to remove white road paint from my wife's grey Jetta a month ago and it had been on there for a day. My detailing buddy gave me the tip.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Goof Off (available at Home Depot) buy it in the can, not the spray and use an old rag and elbow grease. My mother in law drove through some yellow paint when lines were being put down on the road. We went to sell the car months later and it was baked on. The goof off and a rag took it off with a minimal amount of rubbing. Washed and waxed and you'd never know it happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump,
I tried to remove that paint nothing helped.
What I did with the door: used the oven cleaner (zero result)
Tried this degreaser https://www.mrosupply.com/paint-painting-supplies/paint/1385610_a012280401_krylon/ (zero result)
nail polish remover (it helped partially, but then I stopped not to remove the car paint)

I don’t know what type of paint they used… It is very sticky

Contact Steve Olech @ ColoradoDetail ColoradoDetail Ceramic Coatings Opti-coat Pro denver, CQuartz Finest 1-303-709-4449. Tell him Kieran sent you.
Yes, thanks, I will try to reach that man. It seems i will not remove it alone..

·
Registered
709 Posts
Guys, Goo Gone not Goof Off. Goof Off will eat through the clear, color, and primer quite quickly. If it doesn't, you'll have a huge dull spot in the clear.

Goo Gone should be much safer on the paint and remove it.

Before you try ANY solvents, I would try a clay bar or very light polishing compound. If the car had any wax on it, this should pull it off without the need for solvents which can cause more damage.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Never had any of the above happen when I used goof off on my mother in laws car. Goof Off was the only thing that worked. I washed the car immediately after use and the applied a coat of wax. No harm to the paint or clear coat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
Bluebyutoo
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing