Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A short time ago, I opened up a thread asking you all for your 2016 Focus RS Questions. The response was fantastic. So much so that Ford took notice and gave us some of their time to seek out the answers to your questions. Now Nick over at FordService took the time to post the answers to your questions here: Ford Focus RS Questions Answered: Post 1

He was able to answer several questions off the hip. There were several others that needed for an engineer to weigh in on, so he was kind enough to pass those questions on to the appropriate persons and we are waiting for answers. A secondary post was made to address some other questions here: Ford Focus RS Questions Answered: Post 2

There are still a few questions left, and I am sure that Ford is working to get those answered in a timely manner, so stay tuned and subscribe to the thread for instant updates.

Update for more questions answered: Ford Focus RS Questions Answered: Post 3

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts for breaking in an engine, when to do first oil change and how soon to go full synthetic?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts for breaking in an engine, when to do first oil change and how soon to go full synthetic?
It will come with full synthetic from the factory. 5W-50 to be specific. The Info center on the car should tell you when it's due for it's first oil change as well as subsequent ones. I did mine on my Mustang at 5k miles, but I also did my first track day in it and you're supposed to change your oil after each track day. There's a lot of debate about engine break in, but I believe in the "drive it how you're going to be driving it" not to necessarily baby it in the beginning. I do know you should avoid long drives at a steady RPM, like highway though. It's good for the RPM and engine load to fluctuate the first couple of hundred miles to help it break in.

From the 2015 Focus Owner's Manual:

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 miles (480 kilometers). During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics. Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000 miles (1600 kilometers). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine. Do not tow during the first 1000 miles (1600 kilometers).
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2015-Focus-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_11_2014.pdf (Page#186)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my mind set on a Focus RS for a long time. Then I found out what dealerships are selling them for. Between $5-10K over MSRP. If anyone finds one for even close to $36k, please let the world know via facebook.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Order from Sheehy Ashland va at msrp. They are out of allocations but I'd try to submit an order. Call and ask for Lisa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts