1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I heard SG comes with a free +15HP sticker

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
SWEET!!! Now we get 100% of the engines torque to front or rear!!! >;-)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
What? I think I missed that somehow.
Would be awesome tho, gona rock this snow man
Nah... they just made an error (lack of knowledge) in their description below the video. We still only get 70 percent of the torque to the rear.

^^^ Fingers crossed that Adkrs is right... and I'm wrong ^^^

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nah... they just made an error (lack of knowledge) in their description below the video. We still only get 70 percent of the torque to the rear.

You're the one lacking in knowledge. This system CAN send 100% of the power to the rear. If the conditions are right and there's 0 grip at the front.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You're the one lacking in knowledge. This system CAN send 100% of the power to the rear. If the conditions are right and there's 0 grip at the front.
A little on the sharp side but Adkrs is right. The engineer tried to clarify that this is actually correct despite everyone hanging on to the 70% stat.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Chris, you keep popping up wherever I go! Ha I did a track day with you out at HPR when you had your STI and I had a white MKV GTI. Cool to see you have an RS ordered as well!
I remember you. :D

We'll have to have another HPR rendezvous once our respective cars arrive!

·
Registered
460 Posts
A little on the sharp side but Adkrs is right. The engineer tried to clarify that this is actually correct despite everyone hanging on to the 70% stat.
So we do get 100% RWD if the odds are in its favor? Oh boy, by Subaru buddy is gona get jelly as hell

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Seems like I read something where the guy at GKN who's actually tuning the system said up to 70% can go to the rear, and of THAT 100% can be sent to either the LR or RR wheel. I hope you're right... I'd LOVE for 100% to go to the rear wheels, I just don't think that's how the system is set up.

If you haven't seen it, here's an epic thread on the system, which includes a lot of commentary by "Scooby921" who is an engineer @ GKN and is working on the system. It's a 258 page thread, at 25 posts per page... so plenty of reading.
2016 Ford Focus RS - NASIOC

I'm only to page 200 or so, but will keep on reading. If if can actually put 100 percent to the rear, it'll be epic!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The other thing stuck in my head is the video by EVO where they're interviewing a Ford designer. In the Video at 6:00 they mention that only 70 will ever make it to the back. Like I said, I sure as hell hope that's wrong. Super heavy rear bias when you need it would make this a blast on the track.

·
Registered
898 Posts
So we do get 100% RWD if the odds are in its favor? Oh boy, by Subaru buddy is gona get jelly as hell
Here's the article

"Avoid talking torque-split
Twinster can immediately send torque to the rear without spinning the front wheels.
“It has a pre-emptive torque control, just like a normal on-demand system,” Fritz said. “There is no center differential so we tend to avoid talking about torque splits, because it confuses people when they’re thinking about a differential. Our active, on-demand system can send up to 100 percent of the available torque to the rear axle. Once it hits the rear axle, it can send up to 100 percent of that torque to individual left or right sides. If you were [in a scenario where] the front wheels were losing traction, then 100 percent of the torque to drive the car is going to the rear axle.”

But the Ford press release says that only 70 percent of torque can go to the rear axle
“That’s a bit misleading,” Fritz said. “It’s potentially 50 to 70 percent, but in other scenarios where you have no traction with the front wheels, then it’s 100 percent to the rear wheels. I’ve tried to clarify that, but it gets confusing.”"

·
Registered
85 Posts
You're on the right thread on NASIOC. I got my info from scooby. It's somewhere in the last few pages.

Apologize for being sharp earlier! Also
It's never a set split. It's constantly varying according to input. One second it might be 50/50 the next it might be 0/100. That part gets me excited!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
here's the article

"avoid talking torque-split
twinster can immediately send torque to the rear without spinning the front wheels.
“it has a pre-emptive torque control, just like a normal on-demand system,” fritz said. “there is no center differential so we tend to avoid talking about torque splits, because it confuses people when they’re thinking about a differential. Our active, on-demand system can send up to 100 percent of the available torque to the rear axle. Once it hits the rear axle, it can send up to 100 percent of that torque to individual left or right sides. If you were [in a scenario where] the front wheels were losing traction, then 100 percent of the torque to drive the car is going to the rear axle.”

but the ford press release says that only 70 percent of torque can go to the rear axle
“that’s a bit misleading,” fritz said. “it’s potentially 50 to 70 percent, but in other scenarios where you have no traction with the front wheels, then it’s 100 percent to the rear wheels. I’ve tried to clarify that, but it gets confusing.”"

sweet!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You're on the right thread on NASIOC. I got my info from scooby. It's somewhere in the last few pages.

Apologize for being sharp earlier! Also
It's never a set split. It's constantly varying according to input. One second it might be 50/50 the next it might be 0/100. That part gets me excited!
No problem... Guess I was drinking too much of the 70% Koolaid. Need to read the rest of the NASIOC thread. Also love the idea that the "split" is constantly variable. This thing's gonna be more fun than TWO barrels of monkeys!!!
So much want, so much wait. Argggg.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
22 Participants
Ex-STi
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing