Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Got them in the mail today.

Looks and feels high quality, just need to find some time to install them soon and go out to buy some paint for the housings.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Got them in the mail today.

Looks and feels high quality, just need to find some time to install them soon and go out to buy some paint for the housings.
Looks great! I haven't ordered my set yet.... I will soon eventually, game changer!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Also was surprised to find out there was zero customs/taxes at delivery. Shipped with USPS which is always better than UPS and other carriers. But still expected at least to have to pay the taxes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I'm always excited to see stuff that I ship make it safely to its destination.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Sold mine to @klex !!

Plans have changed obviously! Cant wait to see more people’s installation though they do look amazing if your housings are in good condition (unlike mine)!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sold mine to @klex !!

Plans have changed obviously! Cant wait to see more people’s installation though they do look amazing if your housings are in good condition (unlike mine)!
Thanks! Will update once I get them apart lol.

Now what to do with my sLF's from diode...

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 RS2
271 Posts
Also was surprised to find out there was zero customs/taxes at delivery. Shipped with USPS which is always better than UPS and other carriers. But still expected at least to have to pay the taxes.
Had the same thing happen, I ordered from DMB UK, was expecting duty... delivery with no duty taxes... also wheel spacers from US also had no tax!! I wonder how long this will happen!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi All,

finally managed to get my set complete! wicked product, don't be worried that you cannot do this yourself, its incredibly easy. highly recommend the DIY kit OR for piece of mind @TennTechMan can do up a set for you.

Very straight forward process, taking the glass off was a lot easier than i had anticipated, there is a significant gap at the wider end (the spacing between the glass and the actual lip of the housing) which made taking these things apart extremely easy. The key is only heat up the glass ONLY not the plastic for 7 minutes and with that i was literally able to pop it out in just a few seconds with a pry fork tool, resulting in 0 mar-ring of the housing at all. I ended up painting the entire housing both inside and out in with 2 coats of gloss black, & 2 coats of 2k clear just for fun.... i did go a bit trigger happy with the paint. Had some minor over spray in some spots that you cant even see when on the car.

Reassembly was straight forward, follow the video provided, was extremely easy. few tips for the quad projector route, the 'leg' adjuster arm does not always click into place in the adjuster cup, it would have to be perfectly aligned for that to happen. regardless if it seats or not, when you go to mount on the car, just put the glass back on without any new rtv and test fit/adjust as needed, I did not reseal until i was satisfied with the adjustment and overall fit.

highly recommend picking these up! not only do they look killer, they're completely 1 off, very unique and will set you apart from everyone else.

huge kudos to @TennTechMan for making this a reality, hats off to you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Is the adjustment on these just up and down? Anyway to adjust them side to side?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is the adjustment on these just up and down? Anyway to adjust them side to side?
up and down, its the exact same functionality as factory. if you're wondering how wide these spread, its quite a large light spread. i'm sure @TennTechMan can speak to the logistics a lot more than I can.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
up and down, its the exact same functionality as factory. if you're wondering how wide these spread, its quite a large light spread. i'm sure @TennTechMan can speak to the logistics a lot more than I can.
Thanks. Yes, I'm more after a wider spread of light for seeing around corners. Based on the pics, I'm guessing they aren't independently adjustable either? ie have the top lights pointed up higher and the lower ones pointed down.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks. Yes, I'm more after a wider spread of light for seeing around corners. Based on the pics, I'm guessing they aren't independently adjustable either? ie have the top lights pointed up higher and the lower ones pointed down.
not entirely sure on the independent piece, i want to say no as they're both in the same bracket for up and down adjustment. I'm sure @TennTechMan would have that answer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
@BigFatFlip No adjustment side to side, and the two lights are fixed to the same bracket, so they have to move together. The Morimoto projectors are fog lights, so they have a sharp cutoff and about a wide beam spread. The light is really close to being shadowed on the outside edge of the factory fog light bezel, so pitching them left or right wouldn't add much additional light to the side.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Any chance to get yellow led in there.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts