Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed another project for my RS that I've been considering since I bought it. It's always bothered me that the stock fog lights were the only "yellow" light on the front of the car. The DRL LED's and headlights match pretty well and have a modern look. The stock fog lights, not so much. Also, the chrome reflectors seemed a little out of place in contrast to the black housing headlight assembly and all the other black features on the front of the car.

I had been thinking about replacing fog light housing with a custom bracket and projector LED assembly. Recently, Morimoto came out with a new projector assembly smaller than anything they've offered in the past. The new assemblies are small enough to fit in the stock housing. I bought a set, popped the stock housings open, took some measurements of all the parts, and got started designing. Pictures of the result are below. I also included a link to the Morimoto LED's that I'm using.

The Morimoto lights are 1,200 lumen each. The Diode Dynamics LF8 (highest output option) LED is 780 lumen each. The Morimoto is a projector directed light, so all of that light is going where it should.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are right, I probably could fit 2 of those project LED's in each housing. I guess I know what I'll be trying out later this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts