Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Rs. picked up a used one here in Ft Worth TX a few weeks ago and have fell in love with the factory setup. Im sure over time some mods will be done. Till then im researching on the little things i can change (really interested in that FORScan stuff). also researching weakpoints, seems block cracking and open decks are the weak links so far. been along time since i used a Forum, seems not too much has changed. 10 years ago i owned a 97 cobra. been on several mustang forums for that car. I was young and dumb and thought i knew it all working at the Ford dealer. Man time goes by. Anyways im game for good reads. thanks to the creators and mods of this plethora of info forum, and to all the members who contribute. Ill be lurking, and chiming in from time to time.

This particular car was a manufacture buy back. from what i saw on the CarFax it was owned in Kansas (or some other central northern state, need to check again) i believe, bought back in Dearborn, fixed, and then bought by the Ford dealer here in Ft Worth TX. The complaint for the car was a oil leak, the fix was reported to be a valve cover gasket. from what i can see on the car this seems to checkout. although i find it odd the car was bought back for just a valve cover gasket. curious if anyone recognizes the car and has a different story for it.

right now my focus (punny, bet no one has used that one before) is going to be the paint. swirls galore. may get it ceramic coated after paint correction if the price is right.

glad to be aboard.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Welcome! You mentioned head gasket... the 16’s and early 17’s came with the wrong HG from the 2.3L Mustang. When the recalls were done, a banjo bolt near the turbo usually leaked. As a result, a directive went out to use a specific sealant. IMHO it caused a lot of, dare I say, unnecessary concern. My ‘16 weeps a little oil, but I’m from a hot rod, vintage sports car culture. If your car doesn’t leak....you’re out of fluid. And yes, you’ll probably modify your RS! They have a strange effect on you...you’ll see.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! There’s lots of good stuff to read in here. Hope you enjoy that and your RS ?

Modding seems to go naturally with this car ? Great color choice btw!

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! You mentioned head gasket... the 16’s and early 17’s came with the wrong HG from the 2.3L Mustang. When the recalls were done, a banjo bolt near the turbo usually leaked. As a result, a directive went out to use a specific sealant. IMHO it caused a lot of, dare I say, unnecessary concern. My ‘16 weeps a little oil, but I’m from a hot rod, vintage sports car culture. If your car doesn’t leak....you’re out of fluid. And yes, you’ll probably modify your RS! They have a strange effect on you...you’ll see.
Pretty sure you called it, that banjo bolt does appear to be weeping.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts